Must be nice || Chapter 30

There were times I wish I could strangle Dakota — and it was in moments like this.

"Can you stop fucking fidgeting, Coqui. You're going to be fine, no media out here I promise!" I told her before pressing on the break pedal as we reached my parents gates.

From here, I could see the line of cars waiting to be attended by the valet. Fuck — of course, what do I expect from my parents.

I guess old people knew how to throw a party.

"I don't like this, Cleo. I don't feel good about this tonight." She looked really nervous. Far from the confident woman I met before.

"Look, it's going to be okay. Besides, you're my guest and as far as my mother's concerned, you're my friend. Stay beside me, you'll be fine." I encouraged her to ease her worry.

She breathed in deeply before releasing loudly.

"Okay, fuck it. Whatever, let's go." She told herself and composed her facial expression.

Sometimes, I get scared how quick she changes her moods her expressions. I swear, this is the reason I won't date Hollywood actresses.

We head out of the car, to be welcomed by the attendant who got my key so he could park my Porche Carrera.

From the foyer, I could hear the soft melody of saxophone being played. Jesus — what the fuck was the ocassion?

"Dude, I knew you were loaded. But... this — is a bit much." She whispered beside me as she latched her arms on mine.

I rolled my eyes at Dakota. "Yeah, you think this is too much, you should see our home back in Manila. This place is only like a fourth of their property."

I knew how she loved looking into good houses for investment. She had been also looking to invest into some homes and refurbished condominiums that's why I gave her Daniel's number as well.

For the past year, she had been working with G Estates to look for the perfect projects they could turn upside down.

"You said you were selling your penthouse right?" She asked while she got a flute of champagne from the butler walking around.

I just nodded at her, my eyes scanning the place to find my parents. I still haven't seen them — I was actually expecting mom... or at least dad to wait for me by the door. Jeez..

"I wanna make an offer for it. Let me know as soon as you put it up for sale. I like the location and the interior of the place." Dakota said, all business like.

From an outsiders point of view, we were just like old friends, talking about business and investments — but in reality, I knew why she liked the place.

It was quiet, and no paparazzi could follow her there. It was one of the safest place in LA.

"Deal. But let me talk to my realtor first." She just chuckled at me, she knew I'd take her offer.

"Oh my god... C-Cleo?" I heard someone gasp behind me.

My head spun immediately, almost giving me a whiplash. My eyes widened instantly, as soon as I saw who hollered my name.

Fuck... it was Joan. Damn it — of course she would be invited. My mom and her were friends and they did business together.

"J-Joan. Hi... um, hello — I..." I stuttered.

See what I mean? I should've just stayed home. What was I thinking, attending a social gathering like this.

Imagine how I would talk to everyone related to her... if right now, it was just her mom, then I already stuttered like a blithering idiot.