A-Negative || Chapter 34

Ariana has been sleeping for a couple of hours now. I had a hard time calming her down, and I totally understand that situation. She was away -- in another continent then she heard the news that her brother got into a nasty accident. Anybody would be shaken for sure.

My heart hurt so bad for her... I hate seeing her this upset. Even after we broke up... I was constantly thinking about her if she was okay...

I knew she had some problems dealing with anxiety and all the other issues she handled before... I've always been worried.

From my peripheral view, I could see Rashad eyeing me conspicuously, like he wanted me to notice. My eyebrows furrowed, making me curious as hell since he has been staring at us for quite some time now.

I glanced at Ariana, who was fast asleep on my chest. Her long-maintained lashes fanned against her cheek, looking all peaceful -- she looked so beautiful even when she was in dreamland... Jesus.

I missed seeing her face like this... all calm and without worries. She aged well too, honestly -- it just added more charm into her whole personality.

So beautiful...

Oh my god, Cleo -- stop simping over your ex! My subconscious was so awake right now.

I laid Ari over the cushioned seat making sure that she could be as comfortable as she could get before heading over to Rashad and ask him what the hell his problem was.

"Hello, Rashad. It's been years. How are you?" I greeted him with my no-nonsense voice.

He just smirked a me, giving me a small nod. "I'm alright, how about you young C? All good with the company and all stuff?"

"Yeah, I'll cut the chase -- why were you looking at me like I was committing the biggest felony on earth? Was it because of Ariana's boyfriend? Don't worry, I won't step in and create drama -- I just want to make sure that she'll be okay and Frankie's dear to me -- I want to be there too." I told him directly, and straight to the point.

Rashad then snorted, making my blood rise a little. The fuck was that?!

It irked me to see that he didn't even flinch with the eye contact. Well, what do I expect, he's a person who has always protected Ariana from the start. Of course he won't be intimidated.

"Who told you Ari has a boyfriend?" He chuckled.

I arched my brows at him, it was so annoying that people seemed to find it funny when I conclude things to myself. Well of course -- I heard her talking to someone -- she even said she loved him.

"What do you mean? Nobody, I just know she has one. I've heard them talking a couple of weeks ago when we ate together to catch up." I frowned at him which he just snorted at.

Who the fuck talks to someone like their world began and ended with them if you're not someone special to that person. Jesus -- I'm not that stupid, Rashad.

The urge to roll my eyes has been so extra right now.

"Hmm, Ariana doesn't have a boyfriend -- or a girlfriend." He pointedly looked at me, I saw a flash of something across his eyes, but I was not able to recognize it.

It was like he was giving me a hint of something. That something? I don't really know!

"And I should know this because?" Again, I was getting annoyed. Nobody's telling me anything anymore!

"Because you're still madly in love with my boss but you're holding back because she hurt you before?" He said as-a-matter-of-factly.

Great. I can't even hide my feeling for the damn woman anymore. The feelings I tried to bury for years. But then, I realized... I don't have to be in a relationship with her just to love her.