431-440

Chapter 431: I Could Feel the Old Meatball Setting Me Up

Taehyung looked at the little boy who had got down from his bed and wished that he could just kick him out from the room.

He looked at the mother and son who got into bed together and made up his mind silently. Didn't Wooshik like this boy a lot? He would make Wooshik take him with him when he was old enough to make sure that he didn't mess with him anymore.

"I could feel the old meatball setting me up," said Siwoon softly in Chaeyoung's arms.

"He is your father, why would he set you up?" Chaeyoung chuckled.

"I am sure that he is planning to kick me out of the house," said Siwoon with a serious face.

"He wouldn't dare," said Chaeyoung as she kissed Siwoon 's little head, "get some sleep, aren't you going up the mountain with Grandpa Yuan to get some herbs?"

"Okay," Siwoon yawned and said. He did promise Grandpa Yuan to go up the mountain with him for Soyi's herbs.

Taehyung squinted at the mother and son who were talking just loud enough for him to hear. That little boy was really quite smart.

Chaeyoung grabbed her phone from the table after Siwoon fell asleep and saw the message that Jisoo sent that was marked with "read".

"Did you look at my message, Taehyung?" asked Chaeyoung emotionlessly while replying Jisoo's message.

"I never stopped you from looking at mine," said Taehyung naturally without even leaving the table he was sitting at.

Chaeyoung looked towards the man and wondered how he had the cheek to say that. Men like him got messages once in a blue moon, and even those that they received were for text message advertising.

So who wanted to look at his messages?

Who cares about his messages!

[Chaeyoung: Just get him into bed already. What are you worrying about when you have already made up your mind?

Jisoo: Look at the news, sweetie. Who do I get into bed with now that PA Kim is gone?

Chaeyoung: What's wrong?

Jisoo: Xin Tuan Energy is on the news again, together with your man.

Chaeyoung: Why this time?

Jisoo: I heard it was because of the environmental impact assessment that Xin Tuan Energy didn't do. They only realized it when they found contaminated groundwater. Seokjin has gone to the Department of Environment to settle it.

Chaeyoung: ...]

"Xin Tuan Energy contaminates groundwater?" Chaeyoung looked at Taehyung.

"The minister who stepped down recently has a cousin who works at the Department of Environment," said Taehyung emotionlessly, "what do you think?"

"They were doing it illegally?" asked Chaeyoung in disbelief, "our government is getting so strict nowadays. Have they lost their minds?"

"I wouldn't say it's illegal," said Taehyung, his lips curled as he turned the mug on the table.

"What do you mean?" asked Chaeyoung, confused.

The mug spun on the table then quieted down with the water in it rippling.

"Get Jungkook on the line, there is something that I need to tell him," said Taehyung suddenly after the rippling stopped.

Chaeyoung was stunned at Taehyung's request. "My brother said that he had been quite busy at the bank, so..."