5. The Heart Wants What It Wants

Maiya

As I walk off stage I hand off the mic as I hug Av. "You looked so sexy up there!" I laugh as I pull away and step back. "Thanks to you of course." We laugh then Ben walks over to us. He licks his lips as he looks me over. Avery looks between us then smiles. "This is cute." I laugh and put my arm around his waist. "If yall break up, are you gone fire him?" I look at her and Ben shakes his head and walks away. She laughs and shrugs. "I was genuinely curious." As we're about to walk after Ben, my manager comes over and hands me a bouquet. "Thank you, these are so beautiful!" She laughs and waves me off.

"Girl this ain't from me. They delivered them to your dressing room, but I knew you were leaving right after the show." She waves then walks off when she gets a call. I look at the flowers then take the pieces of paper.

 I throw the flowers in the trash then we take the notes over to Ben

I throw the flowers in the trash then we take the notes over to Ben. He looks back at us then at my hand as I pass them over to him. "Av. Take her to the truck, ima meet y'all there." I look at him and grab his arm. "But wh-" "Go." I look at him for a few seconds then turn around to walk with Avery. As we're walking through backstage, she grabs my hand and says. "Don't take it personal, you know how he gets." I just nod my head as we make our way through the back with the other security team. They open the back doors for us so we get in and wait for Ben.

"Call him again. It's been 10 damn minutes." As she's calling him he walk out the doors then around the car and gets in. He starts the car and we pull off as Avery says. "If you were gonna just have us wait why didn't you just take us with you." He looks back at her then turns around. He doesn't say anything so I sit up and tap his shoulder. "Ben." "Yeah." "Where did you go?" "To handle the situation." I look at Av and she raises her eyebrow. "Okaaay... and what does that mean?" He puts his hand out and I grab it as he helps me into the passenger seat.

When I sit down he puts his hand in my thigh and rubs it. "The nigga clearly still on his weird shit, so I'm handlin it." Avery makes a fake gun with her hands then starts 'shooting'. I shake my head and look back at Ben. "That's all you gonna tell me?" "Yup." He looks at me for a second then looks back at the road. After about 45 minutes, we pull into the garage. I open the door and hop out before going inside. I go upstairs to my room and starts getting undressed. "I sent you the pictures from the show." I nod my head and Avery closes the door behind herself.

I sit at my vanity and grab a clip to put up my hair up before I start taking off my makeup. Avery sits on the bed and gets on her phone. I start taking off my eyelashes and removing my makeup. "Can you post the one of the pictures for me?" She grabs my phone and does it then puts it back down. "Ben said he'll come up here when he's done." "Done what?" I get up and go into the close to take off my shoes and outfit. "Didn't say." I grab a big t shirt and put on them go into the bathroom and start my skincare.
BIGDONN