E

The Duchannes household for outsider may seem like any normal home but the family that reside in is very good at deceiving average eyesight.

From outside big family from inside prestigious clan full of rich history.

And that is why todays dinner is no different for them. Luxurious gowns proudly worn by the heavenly beautiful ladies. Suits that never lost their charm. If this would be seen by human they think of it as small ball more then a dinner. Maybe because it is. The Duchannes simply likes this style. It fits them. Mostly because it is a tradition and if it's something Duchannes likes to uphold it's the traditions.

Lena Duchannes calmly watches as every caster present prepare for another dinner where sadly half them are missing.

„Lena dear, help me with the serving.“ granny passed her the serving when she saw her come into room.

The petite girl smiles at her granny and carries the plate to table where she and the rest sits down to feast.

Lovely and gentle music plays in the background creating a comforting atmosphere. Lena unconsciously sway fork she's holding easily getting carried by the music she had in her care that afternoon.

After dinner every member of the Duchannes household would normally return to things they were doing but today is different. Every once a month the clan holds meeting where they discuss the course of their actions and their missing relatives.

„... Ridley has been seen in Italy near the border line of In between and mortal world. Sara is nowhere to be found. She hides herself too good.." those two names were familiar to Lena as Ridley is her dear cousin who left before darkness claimed her. While Sara is the name of woman she never wants to see again.

There is a reason for them to keep tabs on their disowned relatives. But we would be getting into it later.

„Lena tomorrow is a slight change in weather it will be unpredictable be careful." those word from her uncle meant two things. Warning and concern. So she knew she has to be extra careful.

To lighten up the mood aunt Del brings up gossip she heard in town.

„You won't believe. Chiefs daughter Isabella moved back in Forks. Ammy said the Quileute boy Jacob and Billy Black were seen visiting them.“ here's the thing with aunty Del. She has eyes and ears everywhere. There's no hiding from her. So there is no more surprise when she bombs family reunions with gossips that even aren't gossips yet.

„She will actually begin her school year tomorrow morning. That'll be such a hot topic for long time.“ she beams while giggling like a teenager she isn't, well from the outside.

Lena laughs at her aunts antiques. „Ma please calm yourself." Larkin, right now the only male cousin Lena has, plead his mother but was unlucky as it backfired at him.

„Larkin shush nothing interesting ever happens in your school." she says to him.

„That's not true. What about the guy Sam Uley.. He started to show signs of phasing." he argues.

And this was start of bickering between mother and her son that never ends.

Lena simply listens but stops when Macon rise up from his seat and signals for Lena to follow him. They both exits the dinning room to his office.

„Uncle what is it that plagues your mind?“ she ask him.

„My dear niece, your mother Sarafine hides herself but leaves clues around. Every month closer to your claiming she comes even nearer here than ever. You know very well what her intentions are.“ with heavy heart he informs Lena. Afraid his youngest niece will not resist darkness like her mother, his beloved sister.