[]

Two numbers ruled the banquet 1 and 230. One being a reminder of big day that comes tomorrow noon and the second to celebrate 230th anniversary of Forks town existing. By coincidence it was also number Lena hid under her glove.

And since Duchannes don't invite anybody to their house, ever, almost everybody in town Forks and the reservation came. Mostly out of curiosity. Some people were disappointed as the infamous manor wasn't modern like they dreamed it would it was more like antique with coat of modern looks.

For the last 50 years it became a tradition to host a banquet before the day of claiming. The most the whole clan is looking for is Lena's sweet sixteen next February. Lena isn't really excited about it as she feels like her claiming is mostly seen as an amusement attraction than celebration. Luckily for her this night is for Larkin who is at the moment pestered by his mother while Ridley is welcoming guests.

Seeing her male cousin looks of please she goes to rescue him but on her way she passes by small group of residents from reservation. Among the two little far away from the group whom she recognize Sam's imprintee Emily and Kim Jareds imprintee Lena makes a quick but subtle stop to greet her.

„Hello, how are you this evening?" she politely asked the group feeling Larkins eyes burning holes at the back of her head for the betrayal she committed.

Suprised but relieved Emily replied. „Good evening, as good as one can be. But if I must be honest there's far more people than I expected." she finished with soft giggle. Lena smiled and thinks what she should do to make Emily less nervous without Sam by her side. Noticing he's talking to his pack members by the buffet.

„If it makes you feel any better my cousin for he is one of the reasons for this event is currently held in chokehold by his mother." she starts the story. Pointing at the poor Larkin who's really in chokehold by aunt Del with unce Macon snickering at he side watching.

„Oh my.. What did he do?" Emily concern not knowing it is normal behavior between auntie Del and her son.

„We had a bet that if he somehow spiked the punch without anyone noticing I would go clif diving with him but he got distracted and started to eat the food around it while auntie Del had her speech." she winked at Emily finishing the story.

Emily couldn't hold herself as she saw Larkin fight with his mother, mostly him dodging his mother's shoes, burst out laughing. The melodic laugh forced Lena to laugh as well attracting attention of the small pack. Sam curious what caused Emily laugh so loud come closer. The rest of the pack following him.

„Poor Larkin." Emily said before turning to Sam who wrapped his arm around her waist. Lovingly smiling at her.

Lena watch the young pair the happiness around them filling her heart. Feeling like Larkin really could use some help she excuses herself.

„It was lovely speaking with Emily but I'm afraid I should rescue Larkin before auntie Del starts to throw plates at him." with this she left not realizing the slip in her words but Emily did.

„I've never told her my name." Emily thinks loud. Sam and the pack turn their sight at the Duchannes family watching their friend Larkin hiding behind Lena. „Maybe Larkin told her about us." Sam concluded.

„Yeah but unless you told him about your relationship with Em then neither him nor his cousin would know her." Jarred said reminding his aplha that Emily and Larkin never met and he doesn't talk about their relationship with him either.

In moment of silence they agreed to let it be for now. „Why are you so quiet Paul?" Jarred asked him teasingly. However Paul didn't answer him as continued to watch the cousins duo fixing his state at the younger cousin. Just by watching like that he felt.. Calm.. He felt like the beast in him finally let him rest from the endless anger. Everything about her screamed peace. The gentle movement of her arms grabbing the plates from her aunts hands. Her long raven hair and it's curls bouncing to her lower back with every laugh that comes out. He was mesmerized.

Larkin feeling the intense stare looked over his shoulder only to find Paul's figure who don't even registered Jareds teasing. Not knowing the look Larkin swirls his finger signaling Paul to stop staring. And to stop any possibilities of his mother actually murdering him he drags Lena to Ridley who is still outside refusing to socialize with mortals.

Furthermore the night was long. Full of dancing, feasting and making embarrassing memories that some will never remember.

.

.

.

„I swear that Lahote was playing my nerves with his staring." Lena and Ridley watched as their cousin/brother fumes about the young shape-shifter.

„Weren't you his friend?" Ridley asked her brother.

„oh... You're right.."

„Larkin let it go. Did you forget this was their first time ever being in this kind of event? They are used to bonfires and more cozy family nights then we are." Lena reasons with the male.

„And not rub salt in wounds but auntie Del is waiting for you to get ready or did you forget what day is today?" she tells while with Ridley's help pushing Larkin to the dressing room.

„Ah, right the cursed day I was born."

„Don't be such nuisance and go before they skin you alive." Ridley snaps at her brother.

After the door closed she turns around to face Lena. However the had her eyes locked on the number 229.

„What is on you mind cousin?" Ridley walked closer to Lena and held her cheek swiping the lone tear from her face.

„I'm afraid and confused. When I look at the sky it always leads me away but yesterday it did not. I felt more home than any other day but now it's just void of emptiness. It scared me. More than the countdown." Lena truthfully confessed to Ridley. It took only one look and Ridley knew what happened with Lena and as thrilled as she was for her dear cousin she could not said anything. Lena and the boy had to find each other alone without anyone interfering.

.

.

.

Lena, Ridley with their clan gathered at the garden with Larkin in center waiting for Del to start.

„Greetings everybody who could come. The moon  is almost at it's position so we can begin." she takes a breath picking up card she wrote.

„Like our ancestors set it in stones of time today a caster will be claimed. Larkin Ravenswood who now is stepping into adulthood will have his essence tested and introduced as a new caster." by the time speech was finished moon sets in and Larkin's essence begin it's tests.

Test itself finished with bright moonlight shining upon Larkin. It's light warming up his veins the kind winds lifting him up. It decided Light will claim Larkin's essence. His eyes colored in bright green.

„Do I look good in green?" he ask in all seriousness. The clan laughed at him before an applause echoed through the garden.

Wanting to spend time alone the trio walked away from the family. „Larkin, why did you let light to claim you? Not even a week ago you were all about becoming dark caster."

„Lena.. It's a whole lot more fun being Dark than Light but that wasn't the path I wanted to take. Also I had to tie with Ridley somehow." he winked at Lena.

„What do you mean by that brother dear." With sickly sweet voice she asked her brother.

„Oh you know what I meant, Julie." he teased her.

„That's it now you're getting it.. Come here you little rascal." Ridley took off her high heels before running after Larkin throwing the shoes at him.

Lena smiled before running after them to stop them from killing each other. The number on her hand changing to 228.