🌈Chapter 42🌈

WALLY POV

I told the others I was going to be right back as I needed to grab something from my dorm for this.

Well it was a lie..

As embarrassing as it is to say, I admit I was just being a little baby about all of this and couldn't control my emotions.

I opened my dorm door and walked towards the middle of the small living room. Rage, regret, guilt and anger boiled inside of me slowly. A burning hatred for myself as I let this happen when I wasn't able to save Y/N in time when they were first attacked. Before I knew it, I was swinging my arms around my entire dorm. Knocking things down, glass cups and plates breaking as I lashed out at them. I punched and kicked everything as it all was ruined by my bare hands and feet.

Like Y/N. A sweet person, tainted by me as I showed them the cruel process of colors being made. Why wasn't I as ashamed as I am now? How much of a monster am I?

After smashing just about everything in my dorm I fell to my knees and held my head low as I choked on air and spit as I felt myself bawl my eyes out. The crying was silent but it left a knot in my throat making it hard to release any sounds at all. What the fuck is wrong with me. I'm a mess.

"Meowwwww~"
A gentle sound came from beside me.

My pet. The only thing I held onto when Y/N wasn't near me, a little emotional support animal. The cat was grey with dark blue eyes. I've owned them for a while now; this was practically Ophelias best friend.

Ophelia...

I can't imagine how disappointed she would be if she saw the man I turned into today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¿Flashback?

"She reminds me of you!" A small childish voice giggled at me as they held up the cat, I crouched to be the same eye level as the kid as I looked at their toothy grin.

Ophelia looked at me with that expression I always loved. Unaware of the negatives in the factory, in the world; she smiled at me reminding me how she was the highlight of my world.

"Y/N would love to meet her!" The cat meowed at her words. I smiled , I felt the weird sensation in my stomach that let me know I was really happy.

"Oh? Why is that?....How do you know Y/N." It didn't come to me for a moment until I realized Ophelia begun to speak of Y/N. My question made her frown as she set the cat down as it looked at me with the same dull expression Ophelia now had.

"Never mind that now Daddy. Go help them before it's too late!" she smiled again and walked up to me and hugged me, I hugged her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Meoww!" The cat pleaded for attention making me snap out of...whatever that was. Seeing Ophelia made me smile, even as tears ran down.

But when I realized she was gone, that she probably wasn't even actually there. I felt empty again. Looking at the cat, I wiggled my finger gently at it, "pspspsps..it's okay kitty.." I pet the cats soft fur. This made my heart slow down a little after my tantrum.

I examined the room, noticing how trashed it was. I wasn't going to have the energy to get it any better anytime soon so I might as well go back to Y/N.

I sighed and got up, leaving the dorm and the cat behind. I looked to the side seeing Y/Ns dorm next to mine. Something made me expect them to walk out of there room and greet me with a small smile. But I knew that wasn't happening.

YN POV

I felt terrible hearing how I treated Wally and the others.. what is wrong with me? I'm a mess. I closed my eyes, I heard someone walk in but I didn't bother to react.

"Howdy there Y/N—seems you're in a bit of a situation.." I opened my eyes and looked at Howdy and his awkward smile as I only gave him a deadpanned look.

"Y/N hun! Me and Frank have missed you the time you were gone!" Eddie and Frank surrounded me. Eventually so did Sally, Barnaby, Julie and Poppy, they all spoke small words explaining how they missed me or worried about me.

No sight of Wally.

"Where's Wally? What are you going to do to us?"

Us? Why would I say that. It's only me and that thing...not that I had care about what happened to it.

"Oh deary, Wally should arrive soon alright?" "Yea! Don't be so sad ~, we're here for you! Unless you miss Wally that much~!" Sally snickered as she tried to lighten the mood, her attempts were nice. I smiled a little and that seemed to satisfy her.

"I-I guess I do miss him. But its only because I trust my boss to handle this." That was an obvious lie, and by the looks of it; everyone knew that but didn't pry at me for the truth.

"I am back. All of you get ready to run tests." Wally walked in and approached me, his eyes were red and puffy a slight bit but nobody said anything, when Sally was going to, Julie nudged at her to keep quiet. They all just nodded and walked away besides Julie.

"Do you need something Julie? I'd like to speak to my assistant." Wally had the stern voice he always had but he seemed more uncomfortable by her presence than mad.

"Calm down Walden. I want to make sure she's fine. We all do. Not just you." She sighed and rubbed my forehead lightly, "we'll fix you up Y/N, I will make sure of it." Wally glared at Julie but Julie ignored him. She wasn't afraid of him like everyone else was. At least she doesn't show it.

"Walden, perhaps we should leave them in the same room, see if anything unusual happens?"

"Julie are you insane? They could get hurt!"

"Something tells me that's not the case this time. We all know how good my hunches are."

She was right. Wally often told me how she had great intuition. Wally groaned and rubbed his forehead as he thought for a second then agreed.

"Alright fine...but I need you to go study those blood samples over there." Wally pointed and Julie listened. "Whatever you say boss."

It kinda sucked being in the middle of their little disagreements whilst taking turns caring for me. But I wasn't about to complain.

"I will get you set up, just rest for a bit Y/N."

Of course, I was not passing up the opportunity to get more much needed rest. I closed my eyes and tried to calm down,

"I love you.." he whispered to me, but I wasn't awake enough to respond back.

I love you too. were words I could only think of, wishing I could say them.

____________________
1198 words