006. "You're a little weird, you know that?"

"The Devil has returned to America.... Gee, great." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"She has, hasn't she?"

I lowered my copy of Newsweek to find a woman sitting opposite me, legs crossed delicately, with a wide, pearly white smile across her face.

"Uhm, hey?" I said, wary and unsure.

"Hello." She said, with a small squeak of excitement.

"Do I know you?" I asked, reaching for my coffee.

"No, never had the pleasure. And don't worry, small time drug dealing is hardly Hell worthy." She said, waving me off.

Her accent was quite, well..... Posh.
Her hair was long, silky and as black as it could get, with even darker eyes.

She was wearing a red suit jacket and matching trousers, and her nails were painted ballet slipper pink.

She looked edgy, and usually I digged that.
But something was..... off.

Way off.

"And how would you know about that, since we've never met?" I asked.

"I know a lot of things." She said, with a shrug.

"Sorry, who are you?" I asked, frowning slightly.

"Lucy. Nice to meet you." She said.

Of course, so cordial.

British.

The accent was clear to me now.

"Eddie Munson." I said, as she smiled.

"So, the devil really has returned to America, blah blah. So, tell me, what am I being blamed for this time?" She asked, as I blinked a few times, comprehending her statement.

I figured she was maybe eccentric; albeit a little young to be, given that she looked no older than I was, but I went with it.

Humoured her.

"Surge in D&D again. But don't worry, if there's another murder around here, I'll be blamed for that.... Again." I said, as she stared at me curiously.

"Yes, that's right. You were." She said, leaning forward slightly.

"I guess we're both blamed for things we haven't done." I said, as she sighed.

"I'm used to it. My names thrown around quite abit." She said.

"Is it?" I asked, as she grinned broadly.

"All the time." She answered.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, as she shifted in her seat, preparing herself.

"Fire away." She said, happily.

"Well, what do you want?" I asked.

"I'm on vacation, shall we say. A permanent one. Dear old dad would sooner I guard the gates of hell, but I don't know..... I got so restless there and I just thought, you know where I'd really like to go?" She asked.