011. Nice Guys Don't Finish Last.

"So, any luck getting Sian to sign the papers?"

I turned to Jeff and shook my head.

"She seems to think that there's something worth saving." I said.

"Really?" Jeff asked, as I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

"Really." I said.

"Wow, she's just not giving up, is she?" Jeff asked.

"No man. And it's rough, because I just want her to, sign the fucking papers." I said, rubbing my face in frustration.

"Can't your attorney do anything?" Jeff asked.

"Except for advise her? Encourage? No. This could go on for years." I said, with a hefty sigh.

"I just wanna move on." I said, sadly.

"Please leave me alone, I said no

"Please leave me alone, I said no."

"I just wanna buy you a drink."

"I'm good, honestly."

I looked up, and Jeff followed my gaze, as a red head seemed to be backing towards us.

"Speaking of people who won't give up." Jeff said, rolling his eyes.

"It's not just Sian." He added.

"Doesn't make me feel any better." I warned him.

"Come on pretty girl, just come and have a drink with me."

"I've said no."

"Listen, I'm buying you a drink."

It was said through gritted teeth; he was clearly agitated.

She'd noticed, and in turn, had backed further towards me.

"And you're coming with me."

Whoever this guy was, he was not taking no for an answer.

She shook her head, her silk like, long, gorgeously vibrant copper hair swaying effortlessly, yet another clear sign of her answer, her response, and he just wouldn't take it.

There were Sian's everywhere, apparently.

"Listen, I don't know how many times I need to say it, or which way to say it, but I said no. I don't want a drink, I do not want to leave this bar with you, and I don't have to give you a reason why." She said.

And he stepped closer again, which started a small fire in the pit of my stomach.

I really knew how this felt.
Sian wasn't taking my decision, nor the serving of divorce papers as gospel; she had just continued to try and talk me out of it.

She stumbled back, and her heel caught the tip of my shoe; she started to fall, and I rose to my feet, just in time to catch her.

And with quick thinking, definitely thinking on my feet, figuratively and literally, I cleared my throat.