008. My Sweet Girl.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
Themes of abuse, kidnap, toxicity, gaslighting, assault, death, drugs.

******************************
My damn sister, my god damn sister.
I'd always considered myself to be a little rebellious, but sheesh, she was starting to run rings around me.

I knew exactly where she was.
And for our parents sanity, I'd promised to find her.

I marched into the house, furious, pushing past dancing bodies, drunk bodies, before finding her slumped on a couch.

She was sitting next to someone I hadn't expected, someone I didn't even think would care.

They shook her awake, and her dazed but sleepy eyes met mine.

"What.... What are you doing here?" She asked.

"What are you doing here?" I counter asked.

"I was invited." She said, as he helped her sit upright.

"You're fifteen years old." I snapped.

"I was invited. And you came in my place. How are you this stupid?" I added.

"I was just having fun. Don't have a cow, jeez." She said, struggling to stand up on her own.

"I'll help take her to your car, where are you parked?"

I looked over at him, acknowledging him finally and shook my head.

"I'll take her. Thanks, but I've got this. Like I've got everything else." I said, as his eyes saddened.

"I appreciate you sitting with her until I got here. I appreciate you looking after her, but let's not pretend we're friends. Alright?" I added.

"Alright." He said, throwing his hands up in defeat.

And with that, I practically dragged my drunk sister out of the house and to the car.

Once she was settled in the passenger seat, armed with a bag incase she was sick, I locked her in it before making my way back inside the house.

Once again I weaved through the warm, drunk, dancing bodies, straight into the kitchen, straight up to Jason Carver.

"Okay. We're all eighteen, can't drink, but we do. How didn't you realise that my fifteen year old sister was here? A minor?" I asked him, as he casually turned to face me.

"You see how many people are here. You can work that out surely? I didn't see her." He said.

"And you? You're nineteen." He added, cockily.

"That's funny, cause Eddie saw her perfectly fine." I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"He should have left ages ago." Jason argued.

"Well I didn't. And if you'd have tried to kick me out, there was no way I would've left. Until Zara got here." Eddie interjected.

The man of the hour, himself.

"Okay, so you're here. I invited you, so what? You've got your sister, she'll probably have her first hangover tomorrow, but take a chill pill, Zee. No one's died." Jason said, with a frown.

"Lucky for you." I said, as he laughed in disbelief.

"Lucky for me. Who are you kidding Zara? You think you're too good for these parties now, huh?" Jason asked.

"College girl." He added.

"Alright, that's enough. We're leaving." Eddie said, guiding me away.