[19]Ma's Promise

Shubman's POV:
"I don't know if she still loves me. I don't have enough courage to love her. Vicky will keep trying from his part. Dang it I messed up.", I said.

Recappp

Someone's POV:
Aniska got into her college confused and doubtful.

Confused about her feelings, doubtful on her love.

She entered the college and no sooner greeted Deepika.

"Hi, morning", Deepika said. "Morning", Aniska replied slowly.

"What happened I saw Shubman coming right after you", Deepika asked.

Deepika does know she is questioning her friend but its important or she'll always be stuck there.

"Nothing", Aniska replied again in a very low voice. "There is something wrong don't hide it from me", Deepika said holding her hands.

Aniska narrated what happened right now with her. Her feelings were flooded nothing to her seemed in her control.

"See saying anything more will just seem like playing with your feelings, I would just say forget it like a bad dream.

I know it's not easy but your heart would say 'no don't' but always keep your brain in front in such situations.

And keep yourself cool and relaxed", Deepika said.

"Hmm hm", Aniska replied.

-----------------
After college...

Aniska was back home she came in and threw her bag on a table and sunk in coach.

Sravan was on his job so he comes back late. Aniska was just sitting on her coach.

It felt like forever for her sitting on that coach. She was just almost drowned in her feelings when she was dragged back by a knock on door.

She opened the door to welcome Sravan.

"You didn't change", Sravan said removing his shoes. "Um yeah, I'll go get changed", Aniska said and left for her room.

Sravan instantly understood something was off with Aniska.

He changed and started preparing the dinner when Aniska came after changing.

"You look really exhausted", Sravan asked. "Nothing just a long day in college", Aniska replied.

Sravan preferred not to ask anything now. He just prepared their dinner and kept it infront of Aniska.

Aniska kept spinning her spoon around her plate and didn't take a bit of food.

Sravan's POV:
She didn't eat but kept spinning her spoon around.

I hate seeing her like that. It reminds me of my promise.

Flashback

Aniska was just twelve years old and I was eighteen back then.(P.S. They have age gap of 6 yrs)

I was sitting outside my high school and chatting with my friends and got a call.

"Excuse me sir we found your number in the emergency number of a couple here.

There are admitted here in City hospital they also have a young girl with them, she has got the least injuries", my heart took a sigh and again started to beat fast thinking about mom dad.

I dashed towards the hospital taking none my friends together.

I reached the hospital only to see Aniska sitting in a bench and a Nurse curing scatches and deep cuts on her hands.

I went and held her shoulders and then hugged her. I felt burning tears on my chest and heard a low voice say, "They couldn't save Dad".

I hugged her even tighter when the nurse beside her said, "Your sister is really strong she didn't shed a tear till you didn't come".

I replied with a weak smile. While the doctor called me. "Sorry young man we couldn't save your father.

The stirring hit his head really hard and he had a lot of blood lose. It is a happy thing that your mother has gained consciousness,

but she also having immense internal bleeding and we can't say anything. Your sister is really lucky and strong to survive this", he finished and patted on Aniska's head and giving a sympathetic look.

I just nodded towards him and asked, "Can she talk, can I meet her". "Yeah sure she can talk and you can meet her", doctor replied.

I thanked the doctor and asked Aniska to get her wounds cleaned and then come.

I went inside and Ma instantly understood and asked me to come sit beside her.

"Take care of our family that is going to be of two members from four", she said as I shut her.

"You don't need to tell that", I said pouting. "You might feel weird what I will say but please listen to me", Ma said as I replied with a smile.

She held my hand and started, "See Sravan you might have a girlfriend now you will get married in future.

In a span of next ten fifteen years you also might have bought in my grandchildren,

but please always take care of Aniska don't let her get on a wrong path and get sad by anyways.", she said and then Aniska entered.

She came and sat on the other side and held Ma's hand and kissed it.

"May Tirupati Balaji bless my children and keep them safe", she said and kissed both of us on our foreheads.

Then gasping for her last breath she said, "Promise me Sravan",she said keeping her palm flat infront of me.

I held her hand and completed the promise.

After a while I and Aniska felt Ma's hands slowly dropping from ours and a straight line on the computer.

A Nurse and the doctor came in, "Sorry young man we couldn't save your mother.", the doctor said lowering his head.

"Sir a kind request do complete the formalities.", the nurse reminded and went out.

I and Aniska walked out and I hugged Aniska tightly until both of ours tears died down.

I then went to complete the formalities.

Flashback ends.

Author's note:
Hope you liked the chapter. Thanks for reading.

Bye bye. Peace out!!