2. Charlie Swan the LGBT Ally

Photo Made with Bing AI

AN: Just a filler chapter to further establish backstory, I want to make Bella likable and a better friend. Edward intro next chapter.

August 24th, 2008
7:45 AM

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, Washington

   As soon as I got onto the plane, everything hit me immediately. All my life, I have always been with my mother. Dad is a police officer. He works a lot. I have never been away from my mother for more than a day.

   This was a really big move for me. I lived in Forks before but was so accustomed to the big city. Going from a city with a population of 1.6 million to a town with 3 thousand residents, I remember it was a big adjustment when I first moved years ago. It was just going to have to be another adjustment.

   I have been trying to think about the people I was close to back then. I wasn't very close to the other people when I lived here. I remember getting along with Dad when he was off work. Back then, I didn't realize much work goes into being a police officer in a small town, so I thought he was ignoring me.

   Since Charlie is so close with many of the tribes in La Push, I remember many people from the reservation, mostly Rebecca and Rachel, because they were so much older and gorgeous. Though they were more of my babysitters, I remember Jacob a little bit, but I never got along with boys that much when I was younger since I didn't like sports or getting dirty.

   I was shy in public school, so I don't remember many people there. I remember the Webers because they are neighbors. Charlie has updated me on Angela and the Twins throughout the years when the calls get a bit awkward and silent.

   This would only be for a few months until I graduate, then I will go to college. I, of course, want to go back to Phoenix to go to college because that's where all my friends are. A couple of friends and I plan to get an apartment together.

   I am excited to see my old room. Charlie is sentimental, so I doubt he even moved a blanket in my room. Nonetheless, I am excited to see Charlie. It will be awkward initially, but we will get used to things eventually.

   The familiar skyline of Seattle appeared to me outside the airplane window. There was a charming feel to it. It will take me a bit to get used to the cold again. I remember Washington being wet and chilly.

   Landing and people flying out of the plane took longer than expected. I got my backpack and put it over my shoulder. After I last visited my nana in Florida, I didn't trust the airport people after they lost all my luggage back then. So, I put all my important stuff in the backpack. I was surprised that they let me hold my little cactus on the way there.

   I barely walked out of the airbridge and into the airport before I was tackled in a hug.

   "Bells, you're here!" Charlie hugged me. I barely had time to move the cactus out of the way before he crushed it.

   "Of course I am. Sorry about the wait. There was a layover in the connecting flight in Nevada," I told him. I didn't want to worry him by saying that the first plane had to make an emergency landing because there was too much turbulence. "Charlie," I said, but he didn't want to let go.