Gift

After a short while, Steve finally saw the place. It was as expected  a large reception room, however unlike the majority of the other receptions here, this one had many people waiting in line.

Looking at the long line of people, he didn't need to ask any stupid question and just joined the line since it was obviously the line of attendance and besides it had come to his understanding that E-rank was very low.

Who knew what the ranks of these people were. It took nearly an hour before it was finally his turn.

"Next!" the receptionist shouted as he walked up.

"Hello" He greeted with a smile

"Hi, how may I help you today?" the receptionist asked

"That's simple, I want to get registered as a hunter, the inspector Kim  Jinchul told me that's done here, right?" Steve asked

"Of course, however we are required that this will involve you surrendering a lot of your personal information as well as showing us what you can do, would it be possible for you?" the receptionist asked

"That is not a problem" Steve replied

He didn't exactly have anything to hide. He had no past in this world that mattered, and his abilities were something that he believed would become popular soon enough.

"Okay then sir, if you will please fill this form while we get your set ready" she said as she handed him a paper.

He immediately collected it and began going through it. It was just as the lady had said, it asked a lot of personal questions, but he noticed that they didn't ask for any form of identification for some reason.

Well, he didn't care that they didn't, it helped him who didn't have any. Quickly filling the form, Steve began waiting for the rest of his set.

The test was apparently done in sets of four for some reason he had yet to figure out, but it did save time so it sort of made sense.

Several minutes later, he was standing before a group of men and women in suits. All of them looked serious, as though they were part of some special forces group or something.

"Mr. Grant, we meet again" a very familiar voice called out as Steve turned to see the Inspector again.

"Mr Jinchul!" Steve called out in reply as he shook the man's hand.

"I see you took my words seriously"

"Well I checked even closer and found out I practically don't exist in this world, so I am applying, so I can get a means of identification" Steve replied

"If that's so, you wouldn't mind me staying to watch, right?"

"Of course not, oh and also I brought this to give to you" Steve said as he brought out his carefully wrapped dagger.

"I don't know if you're a dagger user or not, but You're an inspector, if you can't use it, you'll definitely find someone who can"

Of course, this wasn't why he actually brought the dagger, he brought to see the man's reaction to seeing it.

He couldn't tell the inspector's rank even with |Insight| but he believed that the man would surely react if he noticed anything special about it.