six

This is super dramatic and overshot and usheh&!& I'm sorry
"I don't know what to do right now," he smiled, wiggling in the seat. "We are on a damned airplane, Lauren!"
"Calm down, " I chuckled, pulling my seat belt on.
"I'm nervous." He said, more hushed then before. "What if something goes wrong?"
"Nothing will go wrong, I promise."
"Are you sure?"
"Mhm. Just chill, Hemmings."
The plane was still on the ground as people boarded their flights. Luke stared out the window as he fiddled with his sleeves.
Eventually, we felt (and heard) the engine roar to life.
"Laur-"
I quickly grabbed his hand, and squeezed it, making him shut up for at least five minutes.
"Oh my god we are going up," he smiled.
"Yes, that's what airplanes do." I laughed
I watched as he pressed his forehead against the glass, watching the clouds. After a few minutes, I fell asleep.
-
The ride was around a few hours long, and was quite pleasant. After we landed, I managed to get us out of the tiny seats and outside, where his Mom waited to pick us up.
"How was it?"
"It was nice," I smiled, sliding in the seat. Luke slid in next to me quietly.
"Luke?" She asked, pulling away from the terminal.
"It was amazing," he mumbled, sleepily dropping his head on the window.
"That's great."
"Yeah," he sighed. "I'm really tired."
"I don't know why, you can take a nap when we get home," Liz smiled, pulling onto the parkway. "I'm glad you enjoyed it."
I smiled watching Luke's head bounce as the car did. I can't imagine what would happen if he were to die, or what I would do. It made my eyes water.
"Lauren?" Luke asked, poking my shoulder
"Sorry," I said, wiping my eyes.
"You okay?"
"Mhm,"
He put his head back down, and we kept driving. Eventually, his mom checked to see if he was asleep, which he was.
"Thank you," she said quietly. "Honestly,"
"It's no biggie, really,"
"You know why I did this, right?"
I nodded, trying not to think about it to much. My stomach flipped a little.
"I'm sorry," I whispered, shaking my head. We pulled up near our street.
"Why would you be sorry? This isn't in our control," she frowned, gently parking the car as not to wake anyone up.
"I just wish it was," I said. "I don't know,"
Liz got out of the car and came around to my side. She opened the door and helped me out.
Her hands grabbed my shoulders and made he look at her.
"None of this is your fault. Remember that. Don't feel guilty for something you can't control. Your making him happy."
I shook my head, letting my eyes water up so I couldn't see.
"I don't want anything to happen," I cried. "I'm not ready,"
"I'm know," she said. "No one is."
She hugged me for a minute, the two of us too oblivious to notice Luke getting out of the car. I heard him click in a circle behind me, where he stood silently.
"What happened?"
"Absolutely nothing," I smiled, wiping my eyes with my sleeve. "Everything is fine."
He nodded, and quietly slipped inside.
"You go home, now, and rest up for school."
I nodded, shuffling off to go home where I went straight to bed.
-
"Lauren, Luke's at the door."
Confused, I shuffled outside onto the porch, where in a second Luke was holding onto me.
"What's this about?"
"Making you cry," he mumbled. "I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault, Luke, this is just a part o-"
"But it's making you upset. Which makes me upset."
He rested his chin on my shoulder.
"I'm really not ready to die."
I shook my head. "You can't ever be ready, Luke."
"Which is bad."
"Let's not worry about this, okay? Come inside," I asked, pulling his hand and taking him inside.
"I can't stop worrying," he mumbled.
"Well try for me."