Chapter 2

____________________________________________________________

"(Y/N), look!" Lilith said with fake enthusiasm as she pointed to the woods, where there was a green light, glowing. (Y/N) became curious as to what the light was and started walking towards it with Lilith right behind her.

As the two sisters approached, they saw what looked like a portal inside an old monument. The portal had a green light coming from it, surrounded by a white frame. (Y/N) was the first to reach the mysterious portal, touching the white rim. The frame felt smooth with little to no bumps.

As (Y/N) looked around she saw the old place was almost perfectly clean but had vines surrounding nearby quartz pillars and an old lectern that held a book. "What is this place?" She mumbled to herself as she grabbed the book off the lectern and read the title.

ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸∷ᒷᔑᒲ ᓭᒲ!¡.

Unsure of what the title said, (Y/N) opened the book to the first page.

𝙹リꖎ|| ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⊣𝙹↸ᓭ ꖌリ𝙹∴ ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ꖎ╎ᒷᓭ ʖᒷ⍑╎リ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ !¡𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎ. ╎⎓ ᔑ ᒲ𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎ ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ℸ ̣ ∷|| ᔑリ↸ ⊣𝙹 ℸ ̣ ⍑∷𝙹⚍⊣⍑, ∴ᒷ !¡∷ᔑ|| ⎓𝙹∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ╎∷ ᓭ⚍∷⍊╎⍊ᔑꖎ.

(Y/N) sighed and closed the book, not understanding a word it said. She put the book down and stood in front of the portal, unsure if she should try and step through.

(Y/N) decided to be safe and not go through but when she turned around she saw her sister holding a knife. "L-Lilith? Why do you have a knife?" (Y/N) asked, hoping the sinking feeling in her gut was just a false alarm.

"Oh (Y/N).." Lilith said calmly, malice seeping through her voice like venom. "You're so naive, so stupid."

Before (Y/N) could react, Lilith stabbed her in the stomach and pushed her through the portal. That was the last time (Y/N) would ever see her sister again, a betrayal by her blood.

(Y/N) was enveloped by a void of green for a few seconds before she was suddenly falling from the sky. When she realized she was falling she screamed before she landed in a pond, and she started sinking. She felt like she couldn't swim even if she tried, she felt weak not only from blood loss but it felt the portal taking all her energy.

As soon as she thought she was going to die she felt someone grab her and pull her up. Her vision was blurred and she couldn't stay awake for much longer. Once the person brought her up to shore she tried to look at them, the only thing she saw was brown hair and a blue uniform before she passed out.

____________________________________________________________