Chapter 12

POV: Philza
____________________________________________________________

I looked at the girl shocked, she was petting Steve and Steve was okay with it. The girl just kept gushing about how cut Steve was, I noticed her wings ruffled in excitement. I chuckled and was about to speak when I saw her hair started glowing, it was only glowing on the gold strands though. It was the same for her wings, the golden feathers were glowing.

The girl didn’t seem to notice though and kept gushing about how sweet Steve was. Even at one point, Techno came out from the commotion and was shocked too. After a few minutes, Steve fell asleep, which was a shock because he never sleeps when strangers are around. The girl stood up and looked at me and Techno, when she realized we saw everything she smiled sheepishly and looked away from the two of us. “What was that?” I heard Techno say in his monotonous, though I could hear the slight shock in his voice. Confused, the girl looked at him and asked quietly, “What do you mean?”

“Steve never lets strangers touch him, let alone sleep when strangers are around, also what was up with the glowing hair and feathers?” Techno asked, a bit harshly if you asked me. It seemed to work because the girl tensed, “I-It glowed?” She said shakily, she seemed shocked and scared for some reason and I didn’t know why.

I stood in front of her and placed my hand on her shoulder, “It’s okay mate, we’ll figure this out.” This seemed to calm the girl down slightly and she nodded. She looked at Techno and said quietly, “Can I ask you something?” Techno nodded calmly but I could tell he was slightly shocked. I thought the question would be normal like ‘Where am I?’ or ‘How did I get here?’ but what she asked left us both shocked.

“Why did your voices say ‘Blood for the blood god’? Are you the blood god?”
____________________________________________________________