Chapter 4...Girl Troubles?

Harry Potter awoke bright and early in sweet anticipation of today's long train ride, in which he hoped to catch sight of a certain blonde and grab her attention.

After diligently combing his hair for 𝘩𝘪𝘴 girl, as he liked to call her, Harry skipped down the stairs and plopped down on the seat behind the kitchen counter to eat his morning breakfast. Hollering for his parents, James Potter came flying down the stairs on his brand new broom. Actually, the broom belonged to Harry, but James chose to ignore that particular fact.

And in tow, like clockwork, came Lily Potter screaming at her husband. "JAMES POTTER!! YOU GET DOWN FROM THEIR RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" Mrs. Potter grabbed her best pan and started chasing the squealing man around the house with it. "YOU ABSOLUTE TOSSER! I WILL THROW YOU IN THE DOG HOUSE FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH IF YOU DON'T SIT YOUR ASS DOWN!"

"We don't even own a dog," said Harry to the wind, for his darling parents certainly were not listening.

"You can't catch me, you cruel beautiful thing." James Potter never was very good at smack talking his wife, though that particular shortcoming of his probably saved his life on more than one occasion considering Lily's temperament. Unlike James, she had always had a relatively short fuse.

Finally having enough of his parents antics, Harry blurted out the one thing he knew would get his father's attention: "Dad, I need girl help."

Time stopped.

James Fleamont Potter gaped at his son for five long seconds before he jumped haphazardly off his broom — causing Lily to screech in fright — and raced to press a big red button hidden behind miscellaneous papers littering the marble countertop of the kitchen island.

As his finger pushed down on the button, confetti started raining down from the ceiling — much to Lily's annoyance, seeing as she would likely be the one to clean up the mess — and Sirius immediately arrived through the Floo network with a bag of candy from gods' know where in hand.

"Is it really happening?!" Sirius was positively glowing.

"Tell him again, Harry. Tell him what you told me," James Potter urged his son excitedly.

Harry gazed questioningly at his dad before turning to his mother for help, to which she simply shrugged her shoulders, as if to say, "Gods know if I could even begin to understand the ways of James Potter and Sirius Black." So, Harry slowly shifted his eyes to his man-child father and repeated himself. "I said that I need help with girls?"

Sirius released a long, high-pitched gleeful cry, and James was on the brink of tears. Lily even began rubbing his back unsurely in fear that he might begin bawling and never stop.

"The day has finally come," weeped James.

Sirius threw an arm around James' shoulder in support and smiled brightly at Harry after urging the 6'4 man to gather himself. "So," he drew out the vowel. "Who's the lucky-ducky girl?"

"Well I don't exactly know her name," he explained. James and Sirius started groaning in disbelief at the young boy's stupidity, though to be fair, they weren't any better. They weren't exactly known for their cleverness or intelligence. But Harry continued, "But remember the blonde girl from Diagon Alley yesterday?"

"Of course, Mini-Prongs!" Sirius exclaimed. "I knew just from that lovey-dovey look of yours that there was something going on between you two."

Harry snorted, "Yeah well, I'm not sure she exactly agrees. She wants absolutely nothing to do with me."

James began cheering, to which Harry shot his father an offended glare. Owing his son an explanation, James began, "No, no, Harry. That's a good thing."