Chapter 7...Draco Malfoy

It had been a week. One week. And Draco Malfoy had about had it with Potter. The green-eyed boy would not stop bothering Rosemary.

Draco could not remember when his ongoing feud with the Boy Who Lived began. Maybe it was when he refused to shake his hand on the first day of school in first year. Maybe it was when he saw everyone at school fawn over the boy for simply breathing. Maybe it was when he went home for break every holiday and his father wondered why he couldn't just be more like Harry Potter. Whenever or however it began, all Draco knew was that the Potter boy had taken far too much from him: his pride, his popularity, and even his parents. And Draco would do anything to make sure he wouldn't take Rosemary, too. She was his.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

July 24th, 1991
Behind her humble cottage on Pritchett Drive, an eleven year-old Rosemary Stevens was dancing in fields among poppies and hills of tranquil land. Her hair flowing in every which direction with the wind, she moved her feet with complete and utter elegance and grace.

Just like her mother, young Rosemary longed to be a ballerina — no, not just a ballerina, but the ballerina. She wanted to be the best.

And so, the beautiful blonde swayed and whirled and spun until her legs gave out and her bones atrophied. Stretched out across the deliciously green grass, the girl giggled breathlessly, her fingers pinching the stem of a daffodil ever so gently.

Pulling lightly, she accidentally plucked the stem from its roots. Furrowing her eyebrows, she shot up and smoothed over the dirt from which she had stolen the wistful flower. Mother had always told her plants lived and breathed, too, just like her.

Muttering an apology to the daffodil with her eyes sealed shut, she wished she could regrow the lovely plant. And when she fluttered her eyelids open once again, she found a brand new daffodil had grown from her palm and connected to the Earth underneath her fingertips.

It was a wish come true.

But the small blonde was confused and could not understand. How was this possible? Beginning to panic, she looked all around her to make sure no one had seen, but she spotted a young blonde boy hiding behind a tree.

"Come out, please," she called out to the mysterious boy. "You don't have to be afraid, I promise."

And to her surprise, the boy simply started chuckling, "Why would I be afraid of you?"

Rosemary knitted her brows in bewilderment. "Because you just saw — you just saw me —"

"Do magic?" the boy offered.

The girl merely nodded her head. "Is that what that was?" she asked.

"Yes, but I can help you, you know."

"How?"

"What's your name?" he queried.

"Rosemary," she answered.

The boy smirked and pulled out a stick-like object from his back pocket and waved it in the air. The blonde girl quirked an eyebrow in anticipation before the boy tilted her chin upwards.