Chapter 12...Love Always

"Gods, you girls should have seen it," Rosemary groaned. "Fighting! In the middle of Divination's nonetheless!" Her voice was uncharacteristically high in pitch, causing a few Ravenclaws at the dining table next over to glare at her in annoyance. In response, Rosemary swiftly lifted her middle finger and turned back to her friends, Candace and Amanda.

The blonde Hufflepuff was still in disbelief at the events that transpired a few mere minutes ago, and she could not comprehend what prompted the two boys to be so plain stupid.

But of course, Candace and Amanda knew, so they began their speech with trepidation in avoidance of the girl's wrath.

"Rose, dear, we love you," Amanda said sweetly, her voice shaking slightly, "you know that, right?"

Nodding her head, Rose wore a dubious smile, afraid of wear this conversation was headed.

Candace jumped in, "And we want what's best for you, you know that?"

The blonde nodded her head again and stabbed her peas with her fork; she still had not completely forgotten her earlier frustrations.

"But sometimes you can be really...well, oblivious," squeaked Amanda. She was covering her face now in fear that Rose would fling her peas at her.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Rose shifted her gaze to Candace, who had always been the blunt one between the two girls. She would give it to her straight, whether Rose liked it or not.

"Oh, come on, Rose," Candace sighed exasperatedly. "You have to know they both care for you."

The blonde shook her head in faux confusion. "Well, of course I know. Harry's professing his love for me every five seconds and Draco is my broth—"

"Don't you dare say brother!" This time it was Amanda's voice that cut Rosemary off. She loved Rose, but sometimes, her refusal to see what was right in front of her was just really too frustrating, even for Amanda, patient as she was. Exhaling deeply, Amanda tried to control her temper. "He does not want to be your brother. Anyone, and I mean anyone," she further enunciated, "could see that."

Rosemary shook her head and covered her ears like a child. She did not want to hear this and a part of her simply couldn't. "I have no idea what you are talking about," she lied.

But Candace and Amanda were not going to let her get off that easy. They were at their wits' end with this girl.

"Seriously, Rose," Candace said in a rare show of self-restraint, "what do you think they were fighting over?"

She crossed her arms defiantly. "I have no idea."

Candace and Amanda looked at each other and wanted to yell at their friend, "YOU!" But calming themselves, they just sighed.

"One day you're going to have to face the music, Rose," Amanda said. "I just hope when that time comes, you're ready to hear it."

But Rose was not listening anymore. Charlotte, Rosemary's owl, came soaring through the Great Hall with a letter clutched between her feathers. And this could only mean one thing: Ollie had written her!

Dear Rose,

Hey! Everything's just fine back home. The boys at school are okay, I guess, and well, you know how Dad can be. Still, it's nothing I can't handle.

I'm glad you're enjoying school, but wow, Hogwarts sounds wild! But I cannot believe you met HARRY POTTER! I've been reading up on wizardry this year, and he is SO COOL. I can't believe he's going to be my brother-in-law now. Do you think he'd be friends with me?! You're so lucky, Rose. I wish he wouldn't leave me alone!