Chapter 14...The Gift of Giving

The train station buzzed with the excitement of students readying themselves to go home for the winter holidays. Snowflakes danced in the air, swirling around like the tiny ballerinas Rose so often once was dreamed of joined in a different life. A touch of magic graced the ground with each fallen white flake.

Rose stood in the midst of the raging weather. Her breath was visible in the crisp winter air as she argued with her little brother Ollie, who was currently annoying the shit out of her despite only having been reunited with her just minutes prior.

"Rose, pleaseee," he cried, tugging on her sweater as his voice rose above the din of the crowd. The girl in question swatted away his grubby hands, still begrimed with chocolate from the treats Rosemary bought him on the train back from Hogwarts. She had just gotten this sweater the day prior and she did not intend on allowing him to ruin it. It was cashmere for Merlin's sake!

Despite her brother's pleas, Rosemary was determined not to give in for once. "Ollie, no," she said firmly, but his quivering lip made her falter. Damn him, she thought to herself. Although Rose's new favorite word this year seemed to be "no" in response to all of Harry's most persistent date requests, the girl never really could deny Ollie, not when he used those puppy-dog eyes of his. He was her sweet, darling brother, after all.

And so, when Ollie proceeded to jut out his lower lip and pout, Rose, like always, gave in and relented. "Ugh, fine, Ollie. We can ask him, but I'm warning you, he's a real tosser." Despite her warnings, Ollie grinned from ear to ear, his excitement palpable even in the frosty air.

Taking Ollie's hand in hers, Rose began walking towards the boy she had spent all of her third year at Hogwarts avoiding: Harry James Potter.

"Hey, Potter," she called out, weaving through the throng of students, her eyes fixated on him and her hands subconsciously combing through her hair. Her voice cut through the lively atmosphere. The bespectacled boy was currently leaning against a brick wall with his luggage beside him in wait of his family. Due to his father's obsession with his raven curls sitting atop his head, the Potter family was often late when picking up their beloved son.

Hearing the angelic voice of his dream girl, Harry, most surprised, turned towards her, his emerald eyes lighting up as he caught sight of her blonde hair and sapphire-blue eyes. Just beautiful, he thought. Snowflakes settled on her blonde hair, making it glisten like spun gold in the soft natural light. Looking her up and down admiringly, he cocked a smile. "Well, well, well, if it isn't my lovely Rosebud. What can I do for you? Finally ready to go on that date?" he winked flirtatiously, his emerald eyes alight with mischief.

Rosemary Stevens had but two options in this instant. She could either, one, let go of his brazen attitude and get this conversation over with, or, two, strangle the bloody wanker and likely emotionally scar her little brother for life. After giving each option careful consideration, she opted for the former, the girl showing a rare form of self-restraint all for the sake of her brother.

Taking a deep breath, Rose inhaled and blew out a short breath, forming clouds in the chill. "Look, Potter. There's no need to make this a bigger deal than this is. My brother Ollie here," she said, grasping Ollie's shoulder, "would like to ask something of you."

Harry's eyes quickly shifted towards the young boy with a mop of blonde hair over his head. Gaze softening, he bent down to his level and smiled sweetly. The thing about Harry Potter is that he had a terrible habit of acting like a complete and total tool towards anyway but children. Yes, that is right. Captain of the quidditch team, most popular boy in his year, and prankster Harry Potter had a soft spot for kids. And so, looking at Ollie now, he offered his hand out im greeting and grinned kindly, "Hey, Ollie. What do you need from me, little man?"