Chapter 2: "Torment"

Tomorrow is the day where the transport from Abashiri prison will arrive at the naval base to take Former Commander Nakazato Kei to Abashira.

In the late hours of the night, Kei was sitting on the floor of his cell, he wasn't even provided with a Futon, not he could even sleep though. He was constantly plagued by the image of Hiburi and Daitou looked so scared at him, this prevented him from sleeping and the only "sleep" he's been receiving was his body just forcefully shutting down.

Another thing that contributed to his body shutting down was the lack of food or even water.

Kei was just sitting in his cell, praying to whatever god that's out there, hoping that his name gets cleared of these false allegations.

But it was just wishful thinking now, the image of having a happy life after this war is all but shattered now. And he's now just another criminal to everyone's eyes.

He was snapped out his thoughts as the ground began to shake, the faint whistling of bombs was heard and muffled explosions reverberate through the cells walls.

An abyssal carrier group must've snuck through the defences, and he was right, since near the base was a small group of abyssals of just two Wo-class aircraft carriers managed to sneak through the defenses and it'll be taken care of quickly.

But one thing he didn't expect was a bomb detonating near his cell and collapsed his cell to ruble, but to his dismay his left arm and his right leg is completely crushed leaving him in great pain.

The pain was too great to bear as the last things he saw was a few people looming over him and his vision cuts to black.

As the last of the abyssal aircraft was shot out of the sky it became evident that one of the few places that were reduced to ruble was the prison.

This news reached Kurai, his original plan was to let Nakazato rot in Abashiri prison. But it seems like luck was on his side since Nakazato was no more.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kei wakes up to find himself chained down to a chair, his injuries hurted more than ever and a searing headache now accompanied his prior injuries.

His vision is extremely bleary, from both the exhaustion and pain. He did see several figures standing over him.

"Do you really think we'd let you live your sins out in just some jail cell?"

"Hn. I knew that you're not to be trusted!"

Kei couldn't clearly see who they were, but he did recognize their voices.

The First Carrier Division's stoic aircraft carrier, Kaga. The twin light cruisers and caretakers of DesDiv 6, Tenryuu and Tastsuta. The Takao vlass heavy cruiser Maya and lastly is the only repair ship around, Akashi.

These five shipgirls stood over Kei, all casting hateful glares toward the injured man.

"Did you really think you'd just live your life in prison after what you did to those two coastal defense ships!?"

Maya proceeds to go strike Kei where it hurts the most, his broken arm and leg. She kicks Kei's leg with all her might and further breaking Kei's leg.

Kei couldn't only scream in pain, he can feel his blood gushing out of his leg as the bone was now sticking out.

The girls just laughed. They laughed at his screams of pain, he deserves it after all.

Next was Tenryuu. She jabs and lodges get naginata into his left shoulder.