Chapter 4: "Freedom"

Time ticks on and the world moves forward from the ashes of the war against the abyssals.

Most the world's tension died down after the war and pro-peace leaders and parties were put to power due to the world going against the idea of another conflict.

To everyone, life has never been better....

Except for one person.

Kei.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Inside of warehouse 13, Nakazato Kei. A former commander is still bound to the warehouse by the shackles.

They were far from how they used to be. To put it simply, they're just a shell of their former self.

From the daily torment they received, their mental, physical and psychological health took a dip.

They were pale as a sheet and physical signs of malnutrition.

Their hair now longer it all tied in knots and frizzled.

Everyday they're chastised and humilated. Talked down to and treated as if they're worth nothing.

It got to the point they even believed that they did the crime, and they deserve all of this tornent.

Every waking moment of theirs was just utter pain, and it's engrained into them that they can't do anything to stop it. They're powerless against it.

It had been the routine at this point, whenever the light from the outside came, pain followed suit.

Time kept flying by with this as their norm.

The physical, mental and psychological abuse just on and on.

But something changed this time around.

The light. The light didn't come.

Darkness. It surrounded them longer and longer.

Minutes, hours, days, weeks and months blended in a blurry haze.

They didn't need to eat, this body didn't need any sustenance.

And the silence. It was deafening. They hated it, despised it.

They call out for help...

But nobody came.

Nobody heard their calls.

-----------------------------------------------------------

How long were they locked up here? They don't even know anymore.

And what was their name? They kept forgetting it every now and then

"...what....what was my name again?..."

"..uhh K...kii?... that's not it....Kee...Kei-..Kei! Y-yes that's it! That's my name!..."

"What...what was my surname again?....."

What about who they were in the past? What was their life before this?

They don't remember anymore at this point.

There were even simple things they want to experience such as laying on grass, seeing the sky or even just sinply feeling the wind.

Or what about the date? To them they think they've been in this warehouse for at least nine months now.

But in reality they have been locked up within that warehouse for a year and five months now.