Humiliated and Rejected

Ashina's POV

"You're not pregnant, Ashina," Pack Doctor Gregory informed me.

I held the pregnancy result in my hands, tears streaming down my cheeks. Herrick's words burrowed back in my head. YOU HAD BETTER BE PREGNANT ASHINA, OR I WILL TAKE A NEW MATE AND MAKE YOU A SUBJECT TO MY NEW MATE.

"Ashina, you're still very young. The Moon goddess will give you a child, at the right time."

I cleaned my eyes and smiled. "Of course. Thank you."

Doctor Gregory nodded, smiling back at me.

I started heading back to the Packhouse, to inform Alpha Herrick, my mate, the son of the Alpha king, of my pregnancy result.

I arrived at the Packhouse and started heading to Herrick's room.

"Um, Herrick. Ah, that's good."

I could hear sounds coming from the room. I slowly opened the door. Herrick lay sprawled on the silk sheets, his face flushed with passion, a woman I didn't recognize clinging to him like a vine.

"Herrick," I whispered, my voice barely a tremor, "Is this what I deserve?"

He opened his eyes, a flicker of surprise crossing his face before it hardened into disgust. "Ashina," he spat, his voice laced with contempt, "how dare you walk into my room without knocking?"

Tears streamed down my eyes. Did I deserve betrayal?

"I will tell the Pack members what you have done, Herrick," I said, crying uncontrollably.

Herrick came out of the bed. He turned to the woman beside him and laughed.

The woman with eyes as black as the night, laughed as well. "This is my new mate and my future Luna, Ashina. Unlike you, she's not barren, neither is she weak."

I couldn't believe my ears. "I've supported you, Alpha Herrick, even when everyone turned their back on you. Why call me barren?" Tears rolled down my eyes. Was this the Herrick I loved?

The woman laughed.

"Alpha Alexander needs to hear about this," I said and turned to leave.

"Where do you think you are going to?" Herrick asked, as he began to approach me, ferociously. "Who do you think will listen to you? No one. Not my father, not the Pack. You are irrelevant. So, instead of wasting your time trying to expose me, rather accept everything you saw and act like you saw nothing."

"I won't," I said firmly. "You can't treat me this way."

He grabbed my arm and tightened his grip.

"Let me go," I said, trying to force my arm free from his grip. "You're hurting me."

"I don't care," he replied harshly. "Now listen carefully, if you try to expose me, I'll make you regret it. Do you hear me?"

I swallowed hard.

"Do you understand?" He asked, pressing my arm.

"Yes," I said, nodding in pain.

He let go off my hand. "Good. Now, get out!"

"Get out, before I have you thrown out."

I turned away, nervously and left.

"You can't listen to him, Ashina," my inner wolf, May spoke.

"I have no idea what to do. I'm scared," I said.

"If you let everyone know what type of person Herrick is, you will save yourself from him," May advised. "If you don't, he's going to still reject you and demote you to the place of an Omega."