10

_SEJAL APARTMENT_

Sejal goes into her apartment and quickly heads to the shower, still wearing her clothes. She's surprised by how attracted she is to Advik, and it's making her heart race. She even realizes she's been unintentionally keeping an eye on him.

Whenever Advik is around, Sejal just wants to hide. She's determined not to let her feelings get the best of her, remembering the tough times her mother went through. Sejal doesn't want her heart to break like that.

After spending some time in the shower, she changes and sends a message to Krithika, letting her know she won't be at the cafe today. Making coffee becomes her way of coping.

Right as she's about to take a sip, the doorbell rings. Naina shows up, and her greeting is a bit sarcastic. She explains that she couldn't find Sejal at the cafe and heard about the incident with Advik from Krithika.

Sejal tries to play down the situation, saying it's not a big deal. But Naina points out the broken furniture from Advik's fight and Sejal's bandaged head.

"It's not a big deal, Naina. I was just trying not to make it worse," Sejal tries to explain, wanting to calm Naina down.

But Naina is still confused. "Not a big deal? Sejal, he broke all the furniture, and look at your head. I'm so confused."

Sejal tries to defend herself, saying Naina is always quick to confront Advik. Naina questions Sejal's actions, especially going to the mansion to return Advik's wallet.

"It's not what you think," Sejal insists before Naina can interrupt.

But Naina isn't convinced. "It's exactly what I think! You like him!" Naina concludes, getting up from the sofa.

"No, I don't," Sejal glares at Naina.

"Sejal, it's not a big deal to like someone. It's okay to try. Stop lying to yourself," Naina advises, making Sejal sigh.

"I know what you're trying to say, but can we not talk about it? Please," Sejal requests, feeling tired.

"Fine," Naina agrees and hugs Sejal.

"Thank you. I needed this so much," Sejal expresses her gratitude, hugging Naina back.

The rest of the day is spent laughing, having tea, and talking about their recent encounters. Naina shares her experiences with Ayaan, and Sejal talks about her interactions with Advik.

_Next day_

Sejal, as always, was busy managing her work and overseeing the new furniture that had been recently brought in. The cafe bustled with customers, the familiar rhythm of daily operations in full swing.

The bell rang, signaling the entrance of someone, and to Sejal's surprise, it was none other than Advik.

She noticed him but chose to ignore, pretending to be engrossed in attending to customers.

Advik approached her and said, "I am sorry."

Sejal responded with a casual, "It's fine," and continued working, deliberately avoiding any further interaction. Advik wasn't pleased with her indifference and attempted to capture her attention again, but his efforts were in vain.

"I am here to pay for the damage," he declared, hoping to make amends.

_The Next Day_

Sejal was busy with her cafe work as usual. New furniture had been brought in, and the cafe buzzed with customers. A familiar chime indicated someone entering, and to Sejal's surprise, it was none other than Advik.

Ignoring him, she continued her work, acting busy with the customers. Advik approached her and apologized, to which Sejal nonchalantly replied, "It's fine." She kept working, deliberately ignoring him. Despite his attempts to gain her attention, she remained focused on her tasks.

Later, Advik tried to make amends by saying, "I'm here to pay for the damage." Sejal was about to call Karthika, but Advik suggested, "You are the owner of the cafe, so it would be good if I pay you." Sejal agreed, and they moved to a corner to assess the damages.

Sejal provided him with the amount for the damage, and Advik proposed, "Tell me your number, I will wire you the money." After a brief moment of consideration, Sejal shared her number to avoid further discussion.

As she was about to leave, Advik unexpectedly held her hand, creating a momentary spark. Realizing his actions, he let go, apologizing, "I am sorry. About yesterday, I couldn't control my emotions when they talked about me like that."

Advik revealed a vulnerable side, sharing his struggles with anger issues and past suspensions. Sejal remained silent, trying to process his words. Frustrated with himself, Advik closed his eyes.

Sejal sighed and decided to take him to the cafe's library. "Follow me," she said, leading him to the cafe's library.

"What are you doing," advik asks as he sees sejal searching for something and that something might be a book he thought.

She finally found the book she is searching for and turned towards advik.

"Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ" by Daniel Goleman," Sejal explained, "It's about understanding and responding to emotions effectively, not suppressing them. Give it a read; it might provide insights on handling anger constructively."

Upon hearing this, Advik was shocked. "You want me to read? This book?" Sejal nodded.

"No...," Advik protested.

"No wayyyy." Saying this, he attempted to leave, but Sejal stopped him, saying, "then I am not forgiving you."

Advik stomped, turned towards her, and finally gave in. Taking the book, they both walked out. Sejal instructed, "Return the book in one week." Advik nodded like a puppy.

"Now get lost," Sejal said, but Advik called her again, making her stop.

"Now what?" she asked.

Advik took something from his pocket, gave it to Sejal, and said sorry before running away. "Sorry," he called back.

She smiled at the bandage he gave her. Her phone vibrated with a notification sound, indicating a message from an unknown number.

Unknown number:

'I am really sorry for hurting you. I promise I will never hurt you.'

Sejal smiles at his message and saves his number.

TO BE CONTINUED...