Chapter 5 ~ Uncharted Beginnings

Mochimune is a coastal area located in Suruga Ward, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. It is known for its picturesque beaches, fresh seafood, and laid-back atmosphere. Mochimune Beach is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, offering opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports during the summer months.

One of the highlights of Mochimune is its thriving fishing industry. Visitors can enjoy freshly caught seafood at local restaurants and seafood markets. The area is particularly famous for its delicious eel dishes, as well as other seafood specialties such as sashimi and sushi.

In addition to its natural beauty and culinary delights, Mochimune also has historical significance. It was once an important port for trade during the Edo period (1603–1868) and has retained some of its traditional charm.

Overall, Mochimune offers visitors a relaxing seaside retreat with stunning ocean views, delectable seafood, and a glimpse into Japan's maritime history.

And this is where Izuku shall have his first experience exploring another universe.

[September 27th, 2022]

It is early morning—4:45 AM—and the sun has yet to rise, leaving the sky in a dark hue as it waits for the radiant glow to come and shine upon the earth. And since it has entered autumn—the Season of Falling Leaves—the weather is currently chilly and slightly breezy; the air is crisp and refreshing. As such, most of the locals are still fast asleep in their beds as the world around them continues to slumber peacefully.

But that peacefulness is partially interrupted by something: a bright blue and yellow vortex hovering just above a street corner like a strange patch in the fabric of reality itself—a bizarre occurrence that is unbeknownst to everyone. The portal shimmers and ripples like a pond surface whenever the wind blows gently towards it. And seconds later, a green-haired teen emerges from it with his suitcase in hand and backpack strapped onto his back—his hair is disheveled and his face is covered in sweat.

Izuku groans as he staggers forward with his body swaying a bit; his eyelids are closed tightly as he takes in deep breaths. He places his free hand on his chest, trying to ease his heart from pounding so hard against his ribcage. His face is scrunched up in discomfort as he lets out another groan. While he's still trying to shake off the great discomfort and unease that comes with passing through portals (he hopes that it'll go away soon), the portal behind him shrinks in a rather quick fashion before disappearing entirely with a pop—like a bubble being popped.

"Master." A.V.A's soft yet concerned voice rings in his ears, "Are you alright?"

"J-Just... Just give me a moment..." He pants tiredly as he wipes the sweat from his forehead away, as his heart is still pounding erratically inside his chest, "I'm... I-I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" The avatar asked, sounding unconvinced by his statement, "Your vitals are slightly unstable at the moment."

"I said I'm fine, A.V.A." He insisted while shaking his head slightly before opening his eyes a bit and blinking a few times to clear his blurry vision, "Just... Just let me catch my breath for a moment."

A.V.A looks unsure for a moment before nodding hesitantly and saying nothing more. Izuku lets out a sigh as he straightens his posture and slowly regains his composure. Then, he starts inspecting his surroundings to get a better look at them.

The first thing that catches his attention is the road in front of him—a simple street that runs parallel with the beach. It has a standard two-lane format, divided by a painted line in the center. Not many buildings line its sides; only a few small commercial structures can be seen around him. One of them is a restaurant that seemingly sells seafood. Another is a convenience store. There's also a bicycle shop on one side and a surfboard rental service on the other side. Since it is very near the beach itself, it's no surprise that these stores are there in the first place.