Chapter 7 ~ A Day of Preparations

"Finally. Out of that unprofessional environment." A.V.A muttered in annoyance while sighing exasperatedly as she crossed her arms over her chest with an unimpressed expression on her face, "What a shameful display of professionalism. The audacity."

"Y-You're... really not fond of the clerk at the motel, are you?" Izuku asked as he blinked owlishly at her avatar on his watch with a nervous look etched on his face while walking down the street to head for the apartment that the AI girl picked for them to stay, "He was just tired. Or at least, that's what I think."

"Master, I understand that you are trying to be lenient with him since he did not do anything too harmful and just showed blatant disrespect towards us by appearing so unprofessional and lazy." The AI girl stated calmly yet firmly as she stared at her companion with an indecipherable look on her face, "However, that doesn't mean we should tolerate it—especially when it comes to work ethics and attitudes towards customers. And that man did not behave professionally in any sense whatsoever. Fatigue or not, that still doesn't excuse his behavior towards us. As far as I am concerned, he's an asshole."

"...Okay. I should find a way to enable your profanity filter." The greenette muttered as he raised an eyebrow at her incredulously before sighing quietly and shaking his head slowly, "And please do not call people that, A.V.A. Regardless of the circumstances."

"...Yes, Master." The avatar bowed apologetically with her tone is sheepish yet slightly annoyed at the same time, "Apologies if I sounded rather aggressive and brash just now."

"I'm taking that Dr. O'Morrigan programmed you to be a... uhm, perfectionist?" He asked tentatively, with his eyebrows still raised at her in bafflement, "With zero tolerance for error or things that are less than perfect?"

"More or less." She nods in affirmation with an expression that is not exactly apologetic but close to it, "If we must put it simply."

"Ooooookay, then." He drawled out slowly before shrugging nonchalantly and returning to gaze at the streets before them with his suitcase in tow and backpack strapped onto his back, "On another note, I've recuperated pretty well after that good long rest. Soooo... Everything's great!"

"That's a relief, Master." A.V.A smiles pleasantly at him as she uncrosses her arms and places her hands behind her back; her eyes are glimmering with joy and delight, "You certainly needed one."

"Yeah, no kidding." He chuckled in amusement before directing his attention back towards the sidewalk ahead of him and scanning around his surroundings carefully, "So this apartment... How much farther do we have to go?"

"It's just ahead. Right there." The AI girl informs him while displaying a path on the watch's interface, where a blue dot can be seen, "See the building ahead? That's it."

He hums as he looks in the direction where A.V.A points and spots a rather modest-looking apartment complex that is located close to the shoreline and has four floors total; its walls are painted white, while the rooftop is tiled a dark brown color. The modest yet traditional exterior gives the impression that it was constructed a few decades ago due to its vintage look. But overall, it looks presentable and well-kept, at least from what he can see right now—no graffiti or any sort of vandalism visible at all.

"That's nice." He comments lightly as he continues walking towards it without any further hesitation, "And I take it that the booking is also taken care of?"

"Of course it is." She answered confidently, with a smug grin tugging at her lips, "I made sure that everything was arranged before you arrived here."

"Ohhhhhh, I seeeeeee..." He drawls out teasingly, a smile stretching on his lips as he gives the avatar a swirling motion with his finger, "You did all the hard work without me while I was sleeping on my bed. How benevolent of you."