Chapter 9 ~ Parallel Peace

Izuku knows that he and A.V.A literally arrived in this world a mere day ago (with the majority of his hours wasted in sleeping), but he can honestly say that this is already a nice place to stay.

After spending an entire afternoon exploring this universe—that includes the beach, the stores around him, and just general sightseeing—he is utterly amazed by the sheer normalcy of it all. Back in his world, people with all sorts of Quirks are all around him, and they all have their own unique powers and abilities to be proud of. But here? The lack of those unique powers and abilities is very refreshing for him. There is no man with wings sprouting out of his back or woman with a dragon tail swishing behind her; no children walking around with hair made of fire or horns poking out of their heads.

In other words, this is just a plain and ordinary world with plain and ordinary people. No Quirks are present in this reality—none whatsoever—and he has to admit that this is kind of fascinating to him. Being born Quirkless, he's always had to watch others use their powers and abilities on a daily basis while he was left behind in the dust. And while he does have One For All, it's still a relief to be in a universe where he doesn't have to deal with villains trying to kill him or destroy society in general. This is just a simple world where everyday people live their everyday lives as normal as possible. He can definitely get used to this kind of atmosphere—something that is vastly different from the chaotic world he's been living in.

And honestly? He thinks that this is exactly what he needs right now after months of nonstop training and battles against villains and other dangers: A break from all the stress and excitement of being a hero-in-training. Is it out of character for him to have this feeling? Probably. But in all honesty, he feels like he deserves it after all the crap he's been through—from the bullying in his early years to carrying heavy burdens in his current life as a hero-in-training. And besides, he has a chance to explore a whole new universe without having to worry about his life being put in danger. So, why not take advantage of this rare opportunity?

New experiences that he will likely never have in his own world await him in this universe!

"I gotta say. I didn't expect Mochimune of this world to be this nice." He remarks pleasantly as he takes another bite of his choco-banana ice cream, "It's so peaceful here! Like, there are no villains or other dangers that threaten this world or anything, and everyone is just going about their business. Heroes don't exist here either, so there are no high expectations or demands from anyone. This is awesome!"

"I am very happy that you are enjoying your time here, Izuku." A.V.A cheerfully chirps as she gives him a cute smile on her avatar face, "I was initially worried that you might feel overwhelmed by this whole situation, but I am glad that you have gotten used to it quite quickly."

"Well, what can I say?" He shrugs with a wholesome grin stretching on his lips, "New experiences are always the best! While I'll have to admit that I felt... hmm, how do I say this?... Restless at first, I've kinda gotten used to this new atmosphere. Still, this is pretty amazing and unique since I've never experienced anything like this before—that's for sure! Like, a Quirkless World! How cool is that!?"

A.V.A giggles at her friend's enthusiasm, "I'm glad you are quickly warming up to this new environment, Izuku. I was honestly expecting it to take at least 5 days for you to get accustomed to this world; after all, this is completely new territory for you."

"Hey, what can I say? I'm an adaptable guy!" The greenette chuckled as he stared down at his partner in the digital wrist watch, "My time in U.A. has taught me how to be flexible and adaptive to new situations and environments. So I suppose that's a good thing."

The avatar lets out another giggle before replying, "Indeed. That is undoubtedly a great trait to have for someone like yourself—being flexible and adaptive in any situation. While I would encourage you to just sit back and relax for a while, I still have to remind you not to go looking for trouble and fight any criminals."