58

'Actually, I change my mind.'

The biggest relief I've ever felt in my life washed over as Jimin's finger stopped at So Jin's words, his gun dropping down on the ground with a deep breath.

'I don't want you to die.' He said to Jimin, and then pulled me up by my hair, making me stand up as his words warmed my ear with a low whisper. 'I think I'll stick to my original plan.'

Sharpest pain I've ever felt dug in what I felt was my heart, and my breath completely left my body. The simple try to take a breath failed, and instead, blood splurted out my lips, nearly making me choke on it.

I grabbed onto my chest, but there's nothing there even though it hurts. There's no blood.

I raised my head, watching Jimin's legs moving towards me, but it feels like he's moving in slow motion. And he's saying something. Screaming. His lips are moving, but his voice is too echoy for me to distinct. Why can't I hear him?

My vision blurred rapidly, and before I could figure out what was going on, I was laying on the ground, looking up at the sky. There are so many stars... I never noticed...

I felt being shaken, and barely focusing my eyes, I saw Jimin's face. He's holding me. He's here.

'RAIN!!! BABY!!' His voice came into focus, but it's full of dread and panic. 'NO, RAIN!! Stay with me!!!'

Jimin... Why can't I say his name? I can't-I can't move my hands.

He frantically touched my face, crying and pleading for me to stay with him.

It's okay. I'm not going anywhere. There's no reason to be scared. We're finally together. I love you.

I wanted to say all those things. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to touch his face. But I can't.

The sharp pain was subduing, but I was going numb all over. My vision was darkening and I couldn't breathe.

He pulled something out of my back and then pressed firmly into the spot, screaming at me not to leave him, pulling me on his lap. Only then it started making sense.

I'm dying.

I'm happy it's me.
I'm happy that it's me and not him.
And I'm going how I always wanted to. In his arms. In the arms of the man I love. His face will be the last thing I see.

I gathered all the strength in my weak body, trying to reach his face, but my body is not functioning.

He saw me trying, and took my hand in his, putting it on his face himself as he cried and cried and cried. His lips were marking my forehead as he rambled on in his sweet, sweet voice.

'It's okay. It's going to be okay. I'll be right there with you. I'm coming with you, baby. I won't leave you. Not ever. I love you. I love you...'

His voice slowly faded in my blurry mind, much like his image. Darkness is fading into my eyes and he's slowly disappearing.

I can't keep myself from going under, so I'll just think one thing until I do.

Jimin, I love you.

JIMIN POV

'Actually, I change my mind. I don't want you to die.'

He grabbed her off the ground, raising her up on her feet, whispering something in her ear, and then her eyes shot wide open.

He grinned at me, his smile nothing short of sinister as she looked down at her chest, and the blood spew through her lips and she collapsed.

Every possible feeling of pain, panic, dread and fear washed over me at once.  In that very moment, there was no force in this world that could stop me from getting to her.