Chapter 1, Violette Blume

-Violette Blume

10:15 pm

"Hey, Mom! I'm going to make some sandwhiches, okay?" I walked to the livingroom, where my mom was sprawled on the couch.

"Okay, Bebe (Baby)"

"Do you want one?"

"No gracias, amorsito. Haste para ti misma. (No thank-you, my Love. Make some for your-self.)"

"Okay." I walked to the kitchen, with a little pinch of swagger, as my friends always told me. I took out the mayo, the butter, bread, ham, and butterknife. I opend the bag of bread, and put 2 slices in the toaster. While the bread toasted, I pulled out my IPod, scrolling through the songs until I found I'm Not Afraid. I thought I heard a muffled scream, but I passed it as my wild imagination leaving me. I sang along for a while, then heard the small ding of the toaster, telling me my bread is done.

"Let's work together, through the storm, what ever weather, cold or warm." I swayed my hips to the rythm of the rap, momentarily closing my eyes to imagine myself rapping with Eminem. I was very happy and and content rapping and making my sandwich, so imagine my surprize when I saw a big, bulgy man about 6' and a half staring down at me.

"You have such a beautiful voice," he said mockingly. If it weren't for his mask, I would have taken in every bit of detail of his face. His accent was that of an Italian, one fresh out of Italy.

"Who are you and why the hell are you in my house?" His answer didn't come atall, but his body moved forward, too fast for me to do anythin. And then his arms were around my head, too strong for me to fight him off. The butterknife was still in my hand, but I forgot I had it at the moment. The knife fell to the floor noisily, and I was distracked enough for him to put a cotton soaked in something, covering my mouth and nose.

"Stop it! Get away from me!" My words were muffled, but still understandable. "What did you do to my mom?" My last thought before losing consiousness was frightning to me- what if he did something to her mother? Well, that part was obvious. But, what if he killed her? I didn't want to think of that anymore, and luckly, I didn't have to think at all. The drug in the cotton sucked me into it's spell, making me go limb, and lose consiousness.