Chapter 4, Rick Castro

"There's nothing left to say,

let's not waste an other day.

Just you and me tonight.

Everything will be okay."

I listened and sang along to the song playing on the radio, riding with my friends and drinking beer. We cracked jokes, and smart-mouthed girls through the window. A girl in short shorts and a tube top was walking by, and I just couldn't let any one else get a chance.

"Hey, you wanna have mega fun tonight?" I winked through the window and grinned.

"Hey, you wonna get mega lost?" She rolled her eyes, turning away.

"Feisty. I like it!"

"Get a life." The hottie sharply turned a corner, flipping her hair over her shoulder in the process.

"Ooh."

"Shut up, Mike."

"She totally dissed you, man."

"I know that, you freakin' dick."

"Chill. Let's go clubbing. Nothin' like a good ol' vodka and margarita, to celebrate."

"Celebrate what?" I  quickly looked over my shoulder to Mike- perplexed- then back to the wheel.

"Well, you gettin' dissed by a girl in the first time in your life, dude." I had an urdge to slug him, but since one, we were one in the front and the other in the back, and two, I was driving I couldn't. I'll wait until later, I thought.

"Fine. Which one? And I'm just going for fun."

"Well, we could go to the new one that's openin' tonight." I looked down at my clothes- a pair of gray skinnies with white Nike high tops and a whit black and gray Aeropostale shirt. Maybe he looked good? Good enough to steal a heart.

"Rick, stop it. Your a fucking jock. I know I sound gay sayin' this, but you look fucking hot. With a capitol 'H'. Right boys?" Alexis and Mark both mumbled a 'yep'.

"Are you guys good enough lookin' for Islander's Paradise?"

"Actually, the thing is, are we old enough lookin'?"

"I don't give a crap. Let's go."

*

Islander's Paradise was filled with people. Stoners, buffs, girlies, and drunks all spilled out to the area around the club. I felt some one run their hands on the back of my shirt, and whispered seducing, "Wanna party?" I turned around to see a girl about my age, with a drink in one ane hand, the other going through her hair.

"Depends. Are you available?"

"I'm available when ever I say so." She smirked, and pulled me to the dance floor, which we had to pass a security guard to get to.

"Damn, security here sucks."

"That's only because their all high, or stoned." I formed an 'o' of fake surprize with my mouth.

We danced all night, grinding our bodies together to the rythm of the music.

*

"I think I lost my hearing!"

"Stop yellin' you freaking ass!" We were making our way to the car, Alexis and Mike walking drunkenly. Mark promised not to drink, so we could have a good night and not worry about getting my car crashed. We were already getting high with the beers, but not enough to get double-vision and roll over a hill.

"Yo, Castro!" I looked over to two guys who wee bent over something, looking like they were trying to keep it from blowing out. "We got just enough of a joint for you and your guys to have!"

"Ah, the stoners from high-school. No thanks, guys."

"What are you talking about? I want to try something new for once."

"No, Mike. We're going home."

"Hey, Castro," one of the stoners called, the taller, skinnier one. "Come here for a sec." I walked over, where they were. I was about to ask what, but they whispered, "Stay quiet, or we'll beat you up badly. And your quite drunk, buddy. I nodded my head, and they yelled to Mike, Alexis, and Mark, "He's gonna stick around, dudes. He said you guys can go home."

"Oh, ok." Mark looked confused, knowing me more out of the other two, and th least drunk. I begged him to just let it go, that I'll be fine, and he twitched his lip, letting me know he'll check later.

Once they drove off, I asked the two stoners what they wanted. One stoner went bhind me, the other walked back and forth infront.

"I'm going to count to three, and if you don't shut your mouth, I'm shutting it for you." I abruptedly closed my mouth. You're going to feel pain, but it'll end. 'k?" Before I could answer, the other one i guess clubbed me with something, once, firm, andright on the head. I blacked out instantly, hearing a snicker as a last memory.