Chapter 4: First Day At Hogwarts

I woke up the next morning with a headache slowly remembering everything I had heard the night before. I wanted to make the best out of my first day, so I told myself that Draco didn't say that and that the two boys just made it up or it was just a silly rumor.

I got up from my bed and started getting dress to go to the great hall for breakfast, on my way to breakfast I was starting to notice all the things I ignored last night from the pain, how could I have missed this? The walls were filled with moving portraits, and some were asleep, while others were saying 'good morning' to students passing by. This is going to be a good day.

Once I got to the great hall I sat at the end of the slytherin table and started serving myself eggs, bacon, orange juice, and toast which I cut into 4 pieces and in each piece added a separate topping such as marmalade, jam, butter, and lemon curd. Narcissa had showed me this way of eating toast, she said that my father had learned it from one of his friends in 1st year which he called 'Moony toast' and after that day I always ate my toast like that.

As I continued to eat my breakfast I also looked around and saw all the things I had missed the night prior, all the ghosts floating around saying "hi' and 'good morning' all around the great hall, the teacher eating at the head tables, then my attention went to the owls flying in with mail and then the Malfoy owl dropped 2 letters on my plate.

"Atlas"

I smiled as I opened the Malfoy crest, and I then began reading the letter.

"Good morning, Atlas
I hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to congratulate you on making Slytheri. I'm so proud of you. I hope you have a great first day today. Makee the best out of today. And know that you are amazing and you are loved.
Love, Narcissa"

I couldn't help but smile as I read the letter. Narcissa always knew how to make me feel better, and I'm grateful for having her in my life. I then looked at the second envelope, "Draco." Ok, I can do this. I doubt he's avoiding me. I'll give it to him during class. I get up from the table after finishing my breakfast and make my way to my first class, Transfiguration.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I apologize for posting late. I hope you enjoy.