Chapter 9: Troll In The Dungeons

I woke up at 6 am for classes, which started to feel like a day repeating over and over again in a sort of loop. I showered, got ready, read, and went to the great hall for breakfast as Draco ignored me and people whispering as I passed, it all repeated every day which made me feel like I was going insane.

I sat at the end of the table like always and served myself eggs, my moony toast, and coffee, I don't usually drink coffee, but it's never too early to start. As everyone ate their breakfast, it was time for mail, so here came the owls dropping letters from home, gifts, and howlers. I wasn't expecting anything as I didn't get that much mail. After the letter incident, Draco started getting all the mail, but I stopped getting any. As I continued to eat a school, an owl came in and dropped a letter and a bunch of books in front of me. I looked at the mail confused since I hadn't gotten anything for months since Narcissa's letter. I grabbed the letter that was above the books and opened it.

"Dear Atlas Black,

I'm glad that I could help you out in your time of need, and I would be happy to do so again if necessary. Enclosed, you'll find the assignments you missed while you were out. I know it can seem like a lot, but don't worry; we can work on it together if you'd like. I'd love to help you study and go through it all, so if you're interested, I'm usually in the library between 9-10 pm.

Sincerely,

Hermione Granger"

I looked across the Great Hall looking for Hermione and once I spotted her, she also looked my way, and I smiled at her with gratitude, then I looked back at all the books, I think I'll take her up on that offer.

I stuffed all the books in my bag and made my way to my class. As I sat there, I couldn't help but myself at myself, Could this be the beginning of a friendship? I asked myself. Once classes ended, it was already 9, and it was time for dinner, I grabbed some dinner, took an extra plate for Hermione, and went to the library.

As I walked into the library, I looked around trying to find Hermione, I couldn't find her anywhere, but then I saw a girl calling me over. Oh, there she was. I walked over to her and sat across from her.

"What's that?" She asked, looking at the plate with food.

"Oh, I didn't see you at dinner so I brought you a plate, thought you might be hungry," I told her as I gave her the plate, which she gladly took with gratitude.

We then started studying, it all seemed so confusing, but then she explained it to me in a way that made it seem so easy and so simple, and as I questioned how I could finish all this missing work, it was already 10 pm and the library was closing. I looked at my papers and books, seeing how much work I still needed without realizing we had finished every last piece of work. How? She explained it so well that she made it seem like we got nothing done when in reality we got everything done and in time. I must have shown the confusion on my face because she started laughing.

"Not so hard, is it?" She asked, looking at me.

"No, not at all. You explain it better than the professors," I tell her, laughing lightly.

"They're wrong about you," she tells me as we pack up our stuff.

"How so?" I ask, confused.

"You're kind and smart. You're nothing like how they say your father is," she says, looking at me.

"They're wrong about my father too, but they won't change their mind, they've made up their mind about who I am and what I will become," I tell her as I look down.

"Well, I should go to my common room," she tells me, and she pats my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile as she makes her way to her common room.

I slowly walk to my common room, happy that I've met a new friend. But as I walk to my common room, I hear a loud thump sort of noise. Confused and curious at what it might be, I follow the noise, which leads me to the girls' restroom, I stay outside not wanting to go in out of respect, but then I hear thumps and a ruckus coming from inside, I contemplate going in, but then Harry Potter and Ron Weasley come running towards the restroom as well.

"What are you doing here?" Ron Weasley asks in a snobbish way.

"Nothing, I just heard a thump, and came to check out what it was, but it's disrespectful to go in a girl's restroom," I say as I look at him and Harry Potter.

Without a care in the world, they ran into the restroom, and as I slowly followed behind them, I was confused about what could make such a ruckus, when out of a sudden I saw a troll hitting the sink and stalls, There was a troll in the castle?

Harry Potter tries fighting the trolls but then gets captured, and Hermione runs towards Ron Weasley and me, She was in danger, and I didn't realize. How could the troll find her? How was it possible she was just with me in the library? My thoughts get interrupted by Harry screaming at Ron to do something, in which he just throws water at the troll making him confused and angrier, not knowing what to do I just grabbed my wand and used the wingardium leviosa spell on his bat making it float and then I let it drop where it then hit his head knocking him unconscious.

As Harry Potter gets up, Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, and Professor Quirrell come running in. Professor McGonagall was in awe at how the troll was down and asked us to explain what happened when, out of a sudden Hermione, he took the blame for everything. Why would she take the blame? I looked around confused when I met Professor Quirrell's eyes, it was strange, it was as if I had seen him before, which I have in the hallways and classes, but it was a different and weird feeling, a bad feeling that made my stomach be in a knot. Before I could question the feeling anymore, Professor McGonagall told us to go back to our dorms since it was past our curfew.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione made their way to the Gryffindor common room, and I made my way to the Slytherin common room, which was close since we were already in the dungeons, I went to sleep that night feeling different, as I finally did something, as I made a friend, and as this day broke the loop of my repeating days.