chapter 6: The Dream And The Truth

I walked in a village strolling along the empty streets where it was dark, and the moon and the stars weren't noticeable, but the only thing giving me light was the buzzing yellow street lights.

I walked in the middle of the street, everything was empty, everything was quiet, and all that was heard was my shoes hitting the street while a cloaked shadow beneath my feet followed me copying my movements. I walked and walked with no destination or so I thought until I suddenly made a stop I tried looking at my surroundings but everything was a blur so I then looked at what was in front of me and all I saw was the bricked walls surrounding a cottage with a small wooden gate in between the bricked walls.

Looking at the cottage I got a knot in my stomach but before I could question where I was, I opened the wooden gate stepped inside the yard, and made my way along the rock pathway, I tried to look around but my head wouldn't move, all it was set on was the front door of the cottage. As I walked and walked the closer, I got to the front door, and the stronger I felt, the knot in my stomach, and the night seemed more eerie.

Then I felt my right arm rise, and suddenly im knocking at the door while my left hand grabbed something in my cloak. A man with circled glasses smiled at me and greeted me with such warmth that could warm me on this eerie cold night. Before I could look around the cottage, my left arm raised and I spoke but no words were heard and I was drowned in a bright green light so I closed my eyes as tight as ever but once the light was gone I opened them again to see the man's warmth be gone in a second and all that was left was a chilly feeling, I tried and fought with my body to run up to the man to wake him up but instead all I did was walk over his limp body and made my way up the stairs.

As I walked and walked up the stairs after what felt an eternity I finally made it to the last step and kept walking until I came to a halt in front of a white door with blue forget-me-nots painted along the door's edges, and in a blink of an eye the door was slammed open and my eyes landed on a red-haired woman standing in front of her baby in a white crib. I couldn't help but cry as I lifted my left arm once more, and that same green light blinded me again, so I closed my eyes, and all that was heard was a deafening scream. Once the light was gone, I opened my eyes to find the red-haired woman on the floor while her now orphaned baby cried for his mother.

I looked at the woman walking backward with shock at what I had done to her and the man, as I hit the wall behind me I snapped out of my trance and ran out of the room and down the stairs leaving the cottage filled with the baby's sorrowful cry, as I made it out to the street I felt a tight squeeze and saw black smoke and suddenly I was in front of a lake where I fell to my knees and cried for what felt like an eternity.

After composing myself I went up to the water and took off the mask I never knew I was wearing and to my surprise, I didn't see my face in the water's reflection, all I saw was my father's tear-stained face. I woke up abruptly soaked in sweat and my face wet with tears as I heard someone who was once next to my bed run across the room and jump into their bed, Confused I looked at the time on the clock which read '2:33 am.' It was still night time but after the dream I had I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, so I rubbed my eyes cleaned my tears, and grabbed a book to read, reading might help me go back to sleep and might also help me forget about the dream. As I opened the book I started to read the page but I couldn't concentrate over who I thought was Blaise's snoring, there's always the common room, I haven't been able to sit in the common room yet this will be a good chance, so I got up from my bed and put my shoes on when I saw Narcissa's letter to Draco on the floor.

I forgot about the letter, How will I give it to Draco? He's too embarrassed to talk to me, and he's probably asleep, I'll just leave it by his door on my way to the common room. Yes, that's what I'll do. I made my way down the hallway quietly as ever trying not to wake anyone up as I looked at the top of the doors trying to find Draco's dorm, finally at the last door on the right the top of the door read 'Draco' so I quickly placed the letter at the front of the door, What if someone gets it? I should slide it under the door. Yes, of course, I should, so I then slid the letter under the door.

Once the letter was in his dorm, I thought I was in the clear, but that quickly changed when Draco's door opened, and he stood at the door frame annoyed as ever. "What do you want?"

"During breakfast, the mail came in, and the owl dropped off both our letters, but you were busy, so I decided to just slide it under your door."

"At this time of hour?"

"Yes, I couldn't sleep, so I thought what better time."

As Drcao was about to close the door on my face, not wanting to hear more from me, I quickly asked him, "How come you started avoiding me and ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't have time for this." He said

"What did I do!?" I asked once more, wanting answers.

" Your father is a killer! Your mother is a blood traitor along with your father! And you have no family! You're a blood traitor and an orphan! Is that enough of an answer for you?" Draco said as he looked at me waiting for an answer but I couldn't speak there was a lump in my throat that I tried swallowing away but couldn't and I couldn't see with my tears building up in my eye making everything blurry, but as the longer I took the more annoyed Draco got which then led him to slam the door on my face.

Is that what he thought of me? What happened to him saying we were brothers? What happened to him saying we would always defend each other?

As I questioned all these things I went back to my door sniffling and crying trying to hold in any noises I was making to not wake anyone up, as soon as I got to my dorm I went straight to my bed and curled up as I cried and held my mouth so no one would hear me crying, if that's what he thinks of me that's fine, if he doesn't want to hang out with me that's fine, if he wants to hurt me then I'll go after what will hurt him, his father's approval. I will study, fight, and work hard to get his father's approval before he can.