Chapter 1

It all happened within an instant. 

One second I was on the Battle Bus, seeing scared eyes and stressed faces, and the next I was soaring in the air. 

My teammates who I had trained with, Brody and Jake, flew down to a rendezvous point. The cool wind brushed my cheeks as I took out my glider and gripped tightly. The duo peeked up from Brutal Bastions black-steel walls and exchanged a quick smile with me. Immediately, we ran around the bastion, using our Harvesting Tools that were provided to break walls. We stayed close together, listening for the soft tune of a glowing chest. We shared loot and ammo between ourselves, and I doused a few shield potions.

Almost immediately, the designated roles took place. Brody anointed himself as the leader, I would be the sniper/entry fragger, and Jake would support and heal, taking the heavier jobs like eliminating a downed player. We entered the middle of the Bastion, where there was a flag. 

Gunshots fired all around us, but we did not care; we hoisted the flag up until  loot spilled all around us. We exchanged our uncommon green weapons for the rare blue weapons which were a bit stronger but overall made a difference in the end. I huddled with Brody and Jake, throwing Chug Splashes, letting the slimy blue liquid spray over everyone.

 Suddenly, a man jumped from the window with his AR and started shooting at Jake. Soon, Jake was crawling on the floor, running away as fast as he could. Brody and I brought out our ARs and shot him until he was downed and finished off with a shotgun. We rushed over to Jake, but he was severely injured. He needed a medkit now if he was going to survive.