Chapter 4

The keycard projected a holographic arrow that pointed to the location of the vault. Brody and Jake followed me closely, keeping weapons aimed at any intruders. They suddenly dashed forward with their magenta Kinetic blades cutting through the air. They were attacking two shotgun-wielding men who were targeting me.

 Quickly, I ran and followed the hologram until I reached the vault. I slid my keycard through the machine and the vault started to open. I peeked inside and could see glowing gold weapons. Brody and Jake, somewhat injured, returned panting. Instantly, we grabbed weapons and I threw Chug Splash at the two to heal them. I took some strange juice called Slurp Juice, which was an extremely potent healing medicine, in my bag. 

 Suddenly, I felt a choking, heavy feeling in my throat. I looked around and saw Brody and Jake also coughing. I realized that the storm was coming. Purple fog filled the room, but I ran as fast as I could out. I swam across the river that went through Mega City and made it to a cherry blossom forest, where I sat against the trunk of a tree, drinking my Slurp Juice. I felt empowered, and my throat felt clear. I wondered where my teammates were. My best friends were probably swallowed by the storm. I looked back, at the growing purple smoke, and walked forward, alone, towards Kenjutsu Crossing.