Chapter 25

"How are you planning to deal with Gayang?" Gion asked Rohwa.

In the western mountain swept by the Demon King and his generals, a chill lingered like the thick ice that wouldn't easily melt, engulfing the place in a cold, eerie silence.

Rohwa glared at Gion, rolling her eyes.

"Shouldn't you be more worried about your own situation?"

Rohwa retorted with a hollow laugh.

Due to the Demon King manifesting his dark energy, Gion's eardrums were torn, blood trickling from his ears.

Yet, Gion appeared numb, seemingly unaffected by the pain.

"Matters concerning Gayang are none of your concern."

"......"

Even as they walked side by side, it felt as if they were walking separately.

"Do you think I can't handle even a girl as small as that?"

"......"

"I've lived a hundred years. I might not have been the frail princess known as the 'Lady of Spring,' but I am capable now."

Rohwa glared at Gion as if to say, 'What do you take me for?'

He knew that expression.

When Rohwa got agitated, she had a habit of frowning her right eye. This habit was often seen when people referred to her as the 'Lady of Spring.'

The expression she showed to those who underestimated her, thinking the princess locked in the White Dragon Castle and only experiencing spring would be frail. That expression was akin to saying, don't teach me if you know nothing.

The slight difference now was that a hundred years ago, the expression was full of defiance, but now, it seemed to be just a habit, a motion carried out almost inertly.

Despite the frown, it felt as if only the shell moved, devoid of any substance.

"......"

Gion stopped in his tracks.

If Gayang had died, it wouldn't be this silent.

Certainly, Gayang is alive. Whether Rohwa threatened, persuaded, or enticed her...

She's alive.

As long as Gayang draws breath, she's not the type to just watch things unfold.

"Sometimes it's not about settling things, but about handling them."

Gion simply voiced his thoughts. His words were neither coercive nor instructive, just numb.

As Rohwa, who was walking ahead, turned around, Gion resumed his steps.

"You handle the rest."

Though spoken indifferently, the chilling words made Rohwa feel a surge of heat in her core.

As Gion walked away, Rohwa clenched her teeth and then her fist.

She looked like she was about to retort, but then she opened her eyes, unfocused and lifeless.

"I'll handle it."

Rohwa stood still for a moment, then turned around and began walking in the opposite direction of Gion.

***

"Rohwa killed Sihwan..."

A gaunt woman muttered sadly.

Her hair, which she had dyed white from black, was uneven and ragged.

Her eyes were swollen red, possibly from continuous rubbing, and she was barefoot.