Chapter 9

The kids are in the front yard playing a game of Critterball. With Tilly holding the ball she narrowed her eyes.

Cricket: "Alright, Tilly, gimme one straight down the middle. And don't hold back."

Tilly tossed the Critterball towards Cricket, who kicked it over the fence... and into Big Coffee.

Cricket: "Home run!"

Gloria is seen serving a customer his drink.

Gloria: "Here's your latte, sir."

The Critterball from earlier hits the top of the cup, spilling the latte everywhere.

Gloria: "Oh! I am so, so sorry."

Customer: "C'mon, Jeffrey the scarf! We have a scathing review to write..." He said, leaving the place.

Cricket is heard laughing on the otherside of the fence. "Did you see that, guys...?"

Gloria picked up the Critterball.

Remy: "Oh! That's amazing!"

Cricket is seen running across the field. "I can't believe it! Home run! I'm makin' Critterball history!"

He slaps a pig's backside, went around the sheep, but is immediately tackled by Tilly.

Cricket: "Good hustle, Tilly."

Tilly: "Thank you. Anything goes in Critterball."

Brett, a cool neighbor, watched from the nearby apartment building.

Brett: "Man, I've been watching this game for about an hour and I still don't get it. GO TEAM!"

Tilly helped Cricket up.

Waitress: "Hey! You kids better keep this on your side of the fence!"

Cricket: "And a good day to you too, Gloria."

Gloria: "Don't you "good day Gloria" me. It would be a good day if this ball hadn't just torpedoed into the cafe."

Cricket: "Oh, no worries. Home runs like that are super rare. Besides, what's a critterball or two between neighbors?"

Gloria tossed the ball back. "Keep it on your side of the fence." She went back to work.

Cricket: "...Obviously Gloria has no idea how important Critterball is. So... GAME ON!"

The Green kids and Remy continue to play. Tilly kicked a ball over the fence again. Cricket winces, and high fived Tilly. Remy used his back to kick a ball towards the fence, again. Cricket took out a critterball out of a bag.

One by one, the kids and the animals were kicking the ball over the fence, towards Big Coffee.

Cricket looked for more balls, but there was none left in the bag.

Cricket: "Uh-oh. Looks like we're all out of Critterballs. Let's go see Gloria!"

The kids peeked over the fence.

Cricket: "Gloria! ...Ooh my..."

They saw the damage to the cafe on the exterior.

Cricket: "Boy, I hope she ain't too mad..."

A mop is placed next to him, Gloria was cleaning up the mess.

Cricket: "Gloria! Just the person I was looking for. Can we please have our Critterballs back?"

Gloria: "Excuse me?"

Cricket: "Our Critterballs? Would be real nice to get them back."

Gloria crouched down. "Let me fill you in on a secret..."