missing posters

After the boy had hidden the box with the deceased animal He went into his residence with the file folder he had taken from the dining table and put it back where it had been left behind by his mother. He let out a deep sigh and glanced around the dark space.

' I'm starting to have second thoughts, if Clark is correct and the box is a warning to my mother...and she continues with the case...' Y/n gulped as a foreboding future began forming in his head 'Perhaps I can coax her to stop investigating,' the male bit the inside of his cheek as another voice echoed in his mind 'What about all the victims? and their families? they will possibly never get closure by knowing the killer is behind bars if my mother stops investigating.' Y/n closed his eyes in his internal conflict 'If I consider my mother's life and all the victims, isn't it obvious where the scale should tilt?'

Y/n smacked himself at the thought 'I need to pull myself together.' The boy gazed up at the second floor. 'damn it all'

The h/c haired male began moving up the stairs to his mother's chambers. He stood in the hall just a few meters away from his mother's room, staring at the door in indecisiveness. Y/n moved closer to the door, putting his hand on the doorknob before he stopped in his tracks.

just beyond the door, he could hear soft sobs, the boy stayed motionless in his stance.

Eventually, the boy dropped his hand off the doorknob and proceeded to stare at the door as he listened to his mother's weeping, sympathy tugged at his heartstrings but his body couldn't find the strength to move, to ask his mother what was wrong, to comfort her.

How long did he stand there? he didn't know. he just knew the longer he stayed the more agonizing his mother's cries started to become. It soon became too much for the male and he turned to move to his own space. 'What's up with me? Why did my body not do what I wanted? I just froze.' The h/c haired ran a hand down his face in a tired fashion 'Maybe Dad was right. I'm not really good at anything. Hell, I can't even comfort my own mother.' pessimistic thoughts started flowing through his brain eating away at his mental health.

He stumbled into his bedroom, he felt his eyes water obscuring his vision as he thought about...well his mother, the box, the killer...thought about everything.

His heart started racing, sending chills down his body, he slumped his posture and tried to support himself by leaning his trembling hand on his knees. His breath became rigid, Sweat dripped down his temple as his head started aching. Y/n dug his nails into his skin, gritting his teeth trying to fight his body's sudden reaction 'Stop it, what are you doing? pull yourself together man.' Despite his desperate demands to compose himself, his body did not comply. His hand started feeling clammy, he felt his eyes stinging more by the second begging him to release his pent-up melancholy.

Y/n squeezed his eyes tight shut to prevent tears from streaming out. "No..no. Not now," he mumbled shakily.

The boy was dragged out of his spiral by the blaring sound of his ringtone and his head snapped to his mobile device. He took a few seconds to stare at the device from his slouched position. he quickly wiped off his sweaty palms on his pants and reached for the device he glanced at the caller.

Ezra

The boy let out a breathless exhale and answered the call putting the phone to his ear "Hello Ezra?" He sounded out, his voice raspy. "Hello Y/n, How are you?" a voice came out from the speaker.

"Uh.." his nose wrinkled, he glanced out the window near his bed. "You are aware it's pretty late, right? Do you need something?"

"Do you I have to need something to talk with you? I just simply wish to know how you are." Ezra chuckled