Case closed

I'm trying to improve my writing skills so hopefully you can notice some positive changes.

No more stalling, so without further ado, enjoy reading Chapter 22: CASE CLOSED.

Detective Evans pushed through the crowd of students, It was a turbulent environment. Teenagers were flocking to the crime scene like birds and officers had a hard time restricting the area. The woman reached the center of the crowd, her eyes landed on the male who was discussing something with a co-worker, his stringent posture was evident by the up prompt shoulders, the linear of his neck, and the position of his footing. Yet there were cracks of worry and vulnerability.

The woman strode toward the man "What's the situation?" The sheriff jolted before hastily dismissing the subordinate he was talking to and turned around to regard the expecting Detective. He cleared his throat, putting his hands behind his back in a professional stance. "Detective Evans." The h/c haired woman bowed her head in a polite greeting. "the situation, Avery Emmons escaped the hospital around four pm this afternoon and snuck into the school building, walking all the way up to the roof, where she proceeded to jump off." Sheriff Whitelock paused his analogy for a second. "Two casualties occurred, your son got attacked, as I've heard." The woman tensed up at the reminder.

The man continued, "And a nurse got hurt, While Avery was leaving the hospital, a nurse tried to stop her, and the woman in turn got her face clawed off." The sentence turned the air around heavy as the sheriff let the words sink in. "What?" The female's voice was breathless. "Avery clawed a nurse's face off?" The sheriff nodded, reaching a hand into the inner pocket of his vest, taking out his mobile device, it turned on and the man leaned the electronic toward the Detective while displaying the contents.

"They sent me the footage the security cameras caught up during 4:14 and 4:20 pm-- the time that Avery assaulted the nurse and left the building." The woman's eyes glossed over the screen as it showed Avery Emmons staggering out of her room to the polished hospital halls, she had her hand in her pocket, securely clasping an unseen object in her possession. She stumbled through the halls in a droopy way, her mouth was moving slowly, indicating she was mumbling to herself. The camera flicked to another point of view, now showing a nurse walking out of another patient room further down the hall. The paramedic noticed Avery and tenderly tried communicating with the young teen. Avery moved past the worker not sparing her a glance. but stopped when the nurse put a hand on the blonde's shoulder.

Avery dropped her arms, letting her hands sway to her sides in a slumped manner. She was still mumbling incoherent words to herself. Strands of her gold blond hair clung to her face and her expression was inanimate, as though she wasn't quite there. The nurse moved her lips once more to try and get through to the motionless girl. And that was when a shift happened. Avery's face contorted into fury, The nurse was unaware of the girl's wrathful expression and let out a shrill as the blonde girl pivoted on her heels to lunge straightforwardly for the woman. Avery's nails shot up the elder's face and she dragged her sharp nails deep into the nurse's skin, peeling off the first layer of skin in claw marks, blood seeped through the wounds as the woman screamed out in pain. Avery stopped once deep marks were left scarred on the nurse's skin.

Avery stood over the woman, who was gripping her bloody face. The blonde stared on with an unadorned expression before she turned around to proceed walking out of the hospital building, the last piece of footage the security cameras could pick up before her form vanished into the rainy afternoon. The recording came to a stop and the sheriff pocketed his phone. "The nurse was found a few minutes later and she was rushed to the emergency room, where she got treated for her injuries." The man clarified. The detective stood motionless in her position pondering over what she had just seen.