Please come for me..

Vivetha and Ravi have been happily married for the last two years now. Both of them have been well settled in their own professions. Vivetha was a Research Scientist and Ravi was posted in the High Altitude region of Leh, designated as 'major' in the Indian Army..

They were both arranged by their parents, who were close friends.. There was no concept of family dramas or issues like daily soap in their families that usually are in normal families..

Ravi and Vivetha were the first single child of their parents, the only thing that upset Vivetha was Ravi's absence for most of the time of the year.. love blossomed whenever he came home.. He would be posted in a PEACE region once the tenure of three years gets over in his ongoing posting, which was just a few months away..

Ganesh Chaturthi was coming in a few days when Vivetha called Ravi..

Hello!

Hello Vive, how are you and amma-appa?

We are all fine. What about you?

I am fine too.. how is your research going?

Good..what about you?Shri told me there were some tensions there.. You know we were all scared when that news came..

Vive, no need to worry..we are fine here. The firing happened in the district next to ours..and why do you call my seniors? This is the Indian Army..I do not work for any business firm..now he'll ask me about what I told you..

Oh! I'm sorry! But he is my friend too..and more of my friend than your Commanding officer, okay?

Hmm!

Where are you right now?

Where can I be? I'm getting ready to leave for my duty..

Oh..okay! There is so much noise in your background..that's why I asked..

Isn't it obvious,I'm a single man, not with family, so I am living with other single men..

Ravi..listen naa..

Hmm, I'm listening..

Can you come home?

What..what were you saying..there is a connection issue..

I said, can you come home for Ganpati..just for some days..Everyone will enjoy with their partners..I also took leave from lab this year..please come for me..

Hellooo..Hlo!! Vive, I think there is a connection issue..I'm not able to listen to you..hey Vive..hloo

Hello..Hello Ravi..Hello!!

Vivetha..stay fine, okay! And make sure amma-appa is happy or else their BP will shoot up..and you..you..

Hlo Ravi..Ravi..

Take Care Vive..

Beep..Beep..Beep (Call Ended)

Vivetha was really upset..her eyes got filled with tears..she looked at her and Ravi's photo frame, hanging on the wall near her, having him in uniform and her in the lab coat in the lab itself, when he came and surprised her on her birthday last year..

She stood in front of the photo frame and started talking.."What do you think of yourself, Major Ravi Chandran, You are an idiot!" She paused for a minute, wiped her tears and said again, leaning towards the photo frame, "Please come naa! We will get Ganpati home together..Amma-appa will be so happy.. Seeing last year you were not here and I was busy in the lab, but this year I'm here. Please come for me..for Amma-Appa..my Amma-appa..please!" She was pleading as if he was before her only..

She turned after the request, her mother-in-law was there behind her..she signalled her to come for a hug and. Both the women hugged each other.."Its okay, love! Its okay..we are here for you..sshh!" She said, caressing Vivetha's hair..