Chapter 6. Obsession I.

****

Pov: Kiyotaka

- And how did that happen? - Karuizawa asked.

- Who knows? - I threw it carelessly.

By coincidence of some circumstances, Karuizawa and I were hiding in a locker and the situation came out straight to romcom ridiculous. How did it all come out like this? Well.....

(Flashback)

After class, I was walking around the school with nothing to do. As I walked past rooms that could be used by clubs, I noticed Karuizawa hanging her head down with her knees drawn up and mumbling something.

I thought it would be a good chance, for realising one of the options to educate the class, so I entered the room.

- ... -

- ... -

We stared at each other for a while, and I asked her a question:

- What are you doing here, Karuizawa-san?

- What are you doing here, Oreki-kun? - she asked me in response.

- Well... I was coming back from practice and I remembered that I left my pencil case at school. Did you? - I asked her with a half-truth.

- None of your business - Karuizawa replied a bit rudely.

So here's the story: Karuizawa was sitting alone in a room in this wing of the school, and when asked 'what's wrong' she answered negatively.

So she has something she wants to keep quiet about, which is definitely to my advantage, since it's something I can manipulate if I find out.

Well, there's a candidate. Now, we need to get her to talk to ease the tension.

- Listen, Karuizawa-san. I definitely don't have the right to interfere, but... if you have any problems or feel sick, you can come to me and I'll try to help you.

There was silence, we tried not to look at each other and just stayed silent.

- Oreki-kun, if I tell you, will you promise to help me? - Karuizawa broke the long silence.

- Of course, you can even record our conversation. - I agreed.

And then somewhat shutting up, she told me about her past school and how she was bullied.

《But, there's something missing...》

She's definitely hiding more than she's saying right now, that was clear during our conversation.

- You didn't tell me everything Karuizawa.

- I told you everything!

- Really? - I decided to press her. - Karuizawa. Now you either tell me everything or I'll leave. It's your choice.

Even after I said that, she didn't say anything. Well, then.

- One. - I started counting.

- ...I..." she tried to say something, but she couldn't speak clearly.

- Two. I turned to the door.

- I'm... -

- Thr... - as I was about to take a step, she stopped me.

- All right! I'll tell you!

《She seems to be very worried about her secrets, that's to my advantage.》

The missing element in the mosaic was the scar she was hiding, this scar could be deadly, which I'm surprised about.

It's not the first time I've seen bruises or scars, it was commonplace for me "in this place".