Chapter 1........('・ω・'), welcome to new York

Recommended music:

I'm two days into college!

POV (Faye):

I dragged my luggage down the clear road, and the street seemed to be of the unfriendly sort as they all stared at me oddly. Just when I thought I was going to be welcomed with smiles and hugs, these people seemed to have different ways of welcoming visitors. Their eyes were boring holes into my body, and I walked briskly, feeling shy.

I held the paper on which the address was written, and finally, I found the house. It wasn't quite as I expected, but it was nice. I knocked twice, and my aunt, Aunt Jane, appeared almost immediately. She called on her twin children, Nancy and Kate, to take in my luggage, and they did so grumpily. I was obviously welcomed by my aunt alone.

Her husband was on a business trip, so the house seemed somewhat empty, with her kids retreating to their rooms. She was somewhat busy, so I headed up to the rooftop for some fresh air.

I sighed at the sight of skyscrapers in the distance, and a smirk escaped my lips. It felt surreal, and the fact that I could see all of them from up here was quite reassuring. If anyone had told me I would spend an hour of my holiday with mosquitoes buzzing in my ear, I wouldn't have believed it.

I just scratched my affected spots and enjoyed the view. And just as I caught sight of someone in a zebra print t-shirt moving swiftly, it reminded me of my encounter with an airport thief eight hours ago...

Eight hours ago

POV (Faye):

I sat on a bench at the airport, typing away on my phone. I posted lies about landing in LA. Of course, visiting LA had been my lifelong dream for my summer break, but unfortunately, things didn't work out. I was sent to New York instead, so I'm quite the unlucky type.

I decided to make new friends and enjoy New York, but little did I know what awaited me. I spotted a guy wearing a zebra stripes t-shirt, but I couldn't see his face. I wanted to turn it into a meme, like "a zebra at the airport, this isn't a zoo," so I took a picture, stretching my hand to get a better view. I gave off a demonic grin as I took multiple shots.

Just as I decided it was enough, someone grabbed my phone and ran off with it. I jumped up in anger and ran after him, but unfortunately, I lost him. I raced back to my belongings in anger, only to find my purse missing. And guess what? I had to trek to my aunt's place since I didn't have any cash on me.

Luckily, I encountered a good Samaritan who offered me a ride, but I insisted he drop me off halfway because he started groping my legs and attempted to molest me. It was so annoying, but luckily I was only three minutes away from my aunt's according to someone's description.

To make things more interesting, I caught a glimpse of the guy in the zebra stripes print t-shirt from behind, and I could swear it was the same guy. I ran after him foolishly for absolutely no reason, perhaps to ask him why he wore such a funny outfit and caused me to lose my phone, or to demand compensation for distracting me and causing the loss of my phone.

He got into a taxi, so I lost him, but even if I had found him, I wouldn't have had anything to say since I was at fault for trying to make fun of him.

Present

POV (Faye):

What's even weirder is... it's the same guy, the zebra stripes print t-shirt guy. It's the same guy I'm seeing right now, and guess what? He went into the house next to my aunt's. He's my next-door neighbor! Hell no!