Chapter 9......one step closer

Top fan
❤️ariia_50
Thank you so much for your patience
POV (FAYE):

We pushed the car to the fuel station, and luckily, we got attended to almost immediately. The drive was slow and steady. We all kept our silence, and Coral didn't feel a bit remorseful for not helping out. She kept on taking pictures, grinning ear to ear like an idiot.

The seating arrangement had changed. She sat at the back, thinking Nathan would also sit at the back, but Nathan ended up driving the car. But this wasn't the moment I wanted. I felt very sleepy, but I didn't want to fall asleep and end up embarrassing myself by drooling all over. So, I stayed awake.

Coral fell asleep some minutes later, and Christian also did the same thing. I kept my eyes on the road and stole glances at Nathan whenever I got the chance. He didn't quite notice this since he didn't show any reaction and kept a straight face.

I felt sleepy, but I kept staring at the road. Nathan didn't look like he was sleepy at all, but his frequent biting hard on his lips was definite proof that he was angry.

"Are you sleepy?" Nathan asked out of the blue, bringing me out of my drowsiness. My eyes widened. He stared blankly at me, then looked away, showing disinterest. He just wanted to start a conversation. That was it. He didn't want to make things awkward.

"The thing is..." I started to say, but he cut me short, saying, "It's fine. You can sleep. I'm not going to harm you or anything. Just sleep." He made it seem like I didn't trust him, and any protest could trigger his patience.

I rested my back on the seat and sighed. He looked at me and suddenly stopped the car. I was startled, but the two at the back seemed to be lost in their tired sleep.

"What's wrong? Is there anything wrong with the car? Is the..." I was saying, but he just turned to me and reached for the seat belt without looking at me.

His face was almost touching mine, but he didn't seem bothered, while my heart skipped a beat, and butterflies took over my stomach, dancing to my emotions.

I swallowed hard as I watched him sit back and adjust the seat down for me to sleep well. I felt uncomfortable rather than happy since this felt like... too much.

He pulled off his hoodie and covered my feet with it. I just stared, swallowing almost every time my eyes blinked, betraying my surprised expression. I blushed a little and looked out the window as he continued driving.

I fell asleep slowly after, and all I could think of was the heat between his face and mine, the sudden urge to lock my lips with his, to fall into a world of warmth.

___________________________

I felt a ray of light fall on my face, and I opened my eyes slowly. We were home. I felt tired, but I managed to open my eyes. Christian was staring into my eyes, and Coral was nowhere to be found. Ethan was also missing.

I scratched my neck for a while and yawned, trying to pick out the right words to say. He just stared blankly, like there was something on my face.

"Where's Coral?!" I asked with a concerned voice, almost yelling. "She's in the house. Since she was fast asleep, Ethan carried her in," Christian said, and my worried face curled into a blank stare.

"Are you okay?" Christian asked, and I nodded. "Faye!" I heard Aunt Jane's call, but I was too tired to reply. So, I just got out of the car and headed to the house without looking back at Christian. I managed to murmur, "Goodnight."

I walked to my room without looking at anyone and ignored my aunt, who was boiling hot in a corner. I didn't care. I just wanted to sleep.

I opened the door to my room and was startled to find Coral fast asleep on the bed, clutching onto Nathan's shirt and mumbling, "Don't go." She said it repeatedly, and his expression was blank. It was hard to tell what he was thinking. What was she doing in my room? He probably didn't know the way to her room and brought her to mine.

They didn't notice my presence, and I just stood there until his gaze fell on me. "Hey!" He said, almost whispering, and had the most disturbing look on his face.

"This is my room," I said, and he bit his lip. "So sorry, I got it mixed up... I don't know her room," he corrected himself and stared. "I know, it's fine," I said, and his eyes darted around my room with a look of... I don't know.

"I'm leaving, goodnight..." he said in an awkward manner and made his way to the door. His shoulder brushed against mine as he exited the room."I'm so sorry, Mrs. Jane," I heard Nathan's conversation with Aunt Jane, and the door closed shut.

This wasn't going to end lightly. She might have said it's okay and she's glad we are back, but I knew exactly what was going to happen. My stay here won't be long.

All is know is.......we were one step closer than before, we could take things slowly.

Spoiler alert
Some kissing is going to happen in the next chapter
Watch out.