CHAPTER 13- THE SOUL TRAP

Everyone around gasped as Vesper's slap echoed loudly in the hallway. The sound reverberated through the air, drawing attention from curious onlookers. The sudden act shocked the crowd, their faces filled with a mixture of astonishment and disapproval.

"Did she just slap him?"

"How dare her?!"

"She's dead meat now!"

Loud murmurs and whispers rippled through the corridor as the witnessing students exchanged their thoughts and judgments. Vesper's action had annoyed many of them.

Vesper, feeling unremorseful, exhaled deeply as if attempting to release the anger that had consumed her. She cast her gaze on Vernon, whose eyes now held a dangerous glint of fury.

Fear immediately gripped Vesper's heart as she saw the murderous look he directed at her.

Reacting swiftly, she stood up, and Vernon did the same.

"Apologize!" Vernon muttered through gritted teeth, his dark eyes transforming into an abyss of blackness.

Vesper felt an overpowering darkness entering her. Her green eyes changed into dark ones like Vernon's. It was as if an unseen force had taken hold of her, causing her actions to become involuntary and beyond her control.

"I'm sorry, Master" Vesper managed to say, her voice carrying a hint of submission, as she offered a slight bow.

Satisfied by her submission, Vernon's lips curled into a devious smile.

"What a good girl" He reached out and patted her hair before turning away, leaving Vesper standing there.

As Vernon distanced himself, the spell that had held Vesper captive began to fade. The veil lifted from her eyes, and she regained control of her faculties. Confusion washed over her, leaving her disoriented and questioning her actions.

"What am I doing here?" she mumbled, staring around.

Suddenly, like a bolt of lightning, the events of the past few moments struck Vesper's mind. Her eyes widened in disbelief as the realization hit her with full force.

"Did I just apologize to that jerk?" she gasped.

••••••

"Who the fuck does he think he is?" Vesper mumbled angrily as she banged the door of her room loudly.

"What's up, sis?" The guy lying down on a bed said, eating some snacks.

Vesper's face turned to a frown as she turned to see her cousin, Miles, lounging on her bed.

"What are you doing here, Miles?" she frowned.

"Come on, that's no way to welcome your bro" he grinned, unaffected by her annoyance. She rolled her eyes in response.

"You know you can't keep barging into my room whenever you like."

"Your roommate wasn't here, so I figured it was okay to stay here for a while" Miles responded casually. "By the way, why were you growling?" he asked curiously.

"Please don't ask about that" Vesper frowned and sat down beside him.

"My senses are telling me you got into trouble."

"You won't believe it, but that cold jerk touched my ass" Vesper confessed, her anger resurfacing.

"Wow! What a lucky guy!" Miles drooled teasingly.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're my cousin" Vesper muttered, glaring at him.

"I just had to say the truth, sis" he winked.