prolugue

third person point of view
oblock, Chicago

leaves crunching under dayvon's foot as he walked around the park alone after he had ran away from his apartment

"dayvon, getcho lil ass down here boy!" his stepfather yelled to him from downstairs

he stayed in his bed pretending to be sleep before he heard his door bust open he jumped up only to see his drunkard stepfather whom he hated so much

" ain't I tell yo ass to get down there boy?! who do you think you is, come here!" his stepfather yelled stumbling over himself trying to catch dayvon but dayvon quickly pushed him onto the floor and ran out the house.
l
since his mama died two years ago when he was 10 his stepfather has been his guardian, only thing is he is the worst ever.

he beats dayvon and constantly verbally abused him everyday, but today he couldn't take it. he wished mis mama would come back and comfort him after his stepfather would beat on them, he wished she could come back and take him to the park and they would play together, he wished he wasnt alone anymore, he wished his mama was still here.

" wassup my name durk I saw you walking by yoself so I thought that you might want a friend"

dayvon looked over to see durk and smiled " my name dayvon but you can call me von, n yea I want a friend" he spoke

" aight von let's go play by the slides, last one to it is a bitch!" durk yelled while running. dayvon quickly caught up while laughing.

durk slid down the slide and stuck his tounge out at von saying " ahhh haha"

the two eventually got tired playing and went to sit on the bench. everything was silent, a comfortavle silence until durk spoke.

" well ion mean to be a nosey nigga but, why you out here by yoself " durk spoke looking at von with his big brown confused confused eyes

"well I kinda ran away from my stepdad he be tryna beat on me n stuff and I just couldn't take it today, so I ran here cuz of the memories I got here with my mama befo she passed" he spoke looking at the ground " why are you here?"

" Same thing as you basically but only thang is that he my real father. my mama in jail for drugs and she not getting out anytime soon so I come here too just to clear my mind off things" durk spoke looking at dayvon.

he soon felt long warm arms wrapped around him, at first he stayed there frozen but then he embraced the hug.

they both pulled away and looked at each other smiling

" you wanna come to my house? my dad ain't home today probably won't be until tomorrow afternoon"

dayvon nodded his head yes and the two ran off together.

"maybe I won't be alone anymore, I won't be alone anymore mama" he thought in his head.