Prologue

The sky was glorious and bright, well, it was always like that. I flicked my tail, my pelt shimmering slightly. There wasn't one thing that seemed to break my day. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, I thought to myself, settling down on the soft patch of grass and continued to watch the atmosphere.

Suddenly, a creak from behind caught my attention. My fur bristled, and I scrambled onto my paws, swerving behind myself and tackling a brown coated cat, and by the sun, it showed his features a bit more. My fur rose down a little once I recognized his features. "Acorn, what are you doing?" I asked with a growl.

"You're quite strong, for a she-cat." Acorn grinned. I looked at the tom cat with an unfazed expression. Did he have to be so annoying? No, he was a pest. A literal pest. And I can not change that, although I wish I could. "You're quite an idiot for a tom-cat." I remarked, mocking his same tone. He bared his teeth defensively, "I'm no idiot." he huffed. I rolled my eyes in response. "We all know that's a lie."

"Who knows? It's just you and me." He purred mischievously.

"Bipolar much," I snarled beneath my breath. "What are you really here for?" I questioned with a look of suspicion on my face. "The leader wanted to see you." The tom-cat replied briefly. "What does he want with me?" I exhaled. That tom-cat always needed me. "Well, he is the leader of bloodclan. What'd you expect? A few kits with him?" The tom laughed. I narrowed my eyes, "I'm not bearing that furbrain kits. You're a fool if you think that." I leaped off, walking away.

"Ha! It's in your dreams, I know it." he shouted from behind, but I ignored his pesky voice. I didn't want to be bothered, I wasn't in the mood for pesky things such as that. Acorn was such an idiot. He never acted serious with me and preferred to think of me as a useless she-cat. I've done my missions with perfection.

Almost the leader favors me more because I actually get the work done rather than trying to rizz up the random she-cats we have in the mission. Acorn once got slashed in the face by one of them. Took me a while, too, just to get her off. However, I never intended to do missions that were so....

Let's just say so brutal. But I couldn't help it, my mother and father separated, and my father raised me in bloodclan before he disappeared mysteriously when I was six moons. I was then forced into training, and now, I go on missions. Mostly to raid the clan cats or brutally tear their little camps apart with others. Though, my father was quite lucky to raise me in bloodclan considering the brutal cats here. It wasn't as easy to just gain their trust. No, it really wasn't.

I shook my thoughts away, looking up and seeing a large white tom-cat towering over me. "Hello, Magpie." I greeted the leader, trying to keep my posture straight. "Avian! So good to see you," he circled me with a purr. I hissed lowly, "Alright, what do you want?"

Magpie gasped lightly, "So rude to hiss at your leader." he gave a sadistic toothy grin. I huffed in response, "Fine, fine." he rolled his eyes. "I called you over because I have a mission for you."

"A mission?" I lashed my tail proudly. I was great at those!

"I'd get it done with ease. Watch me." I added.

"Oh, I know you would. But it isn't just about raiding the clans. Instead, it is different." He sat in front of me, curling his tail around his paws. My tail flicked, and I stared at him with curiosity. What did he mean by something different? "You have to kidnap Thunderclan warriors." he smiled. Kidnap Thunderclan warriors? Now that's new. "That's quite... The challenge." I replied with a low grumble at the end.

"You're not thinking of backing out, are you?" he hissed, unsheathing his claws and getting up, creeping closer until his face was inches away from mine.

Oh, for the name of rogues, no!

"No, I'm not... I..I'm just surprised, kidnapping warriors?" I said quickly.

"You're becoming soft, aren't you?" he lashed his tail aggressively.

"I'm not becoming soft, I assure you!" I gave a toothy grin.

Bipolar mousebrain...

"You better not." he exhaled, "Just do your job, and kidnap their kits as well.. And one or two warriors." he added. My eyes widened a little. I'm up for doing missions, but kidnapping kits is a whole other story! "Well, maybe not kidnapping any ki-"

"Shut it." he grumbled, digging his claws into the soil.

Oh, sure, I'd shut it... I told myself. I have no other choice, do I? I have to finish this task. This mission. "Oh, and make sure Acorn and Buck come with you." Magpie said before descending back inside the darkness.

Great, just great. Not only that, I have to kidnap innocent kits and a few warriors, but I have to do that with the most annoying cats in the world! It's just my lucky day, ain't it?