Chapter 6

"I'm hungry!" DarkTalon complained inside his den, "Well. I am sorry if there isn't any food accessible for you at this moment..." I replied in the smoothest as I could. This tom-cat was starting to get on my nerves just because he was hungry. Not like it was my problem.

"Please?" He begged.

"No," I growled.

"Please," 

"No,"

"Please?"

"No! Stop begging. Besides, your battle with Buck is starting in a few minutes. Would you like to fight with a full stomach?" I inquired with a raised cat brow. He grumbled, "No..." He said in almost a distorted tone. Finally, now he would stop getting on my nerves, "Relax," I reassured, "I'm going to give you something to eat tomorrow," I informed briefly.

Suddenly, I saw Magpie trotting toward me, "Greetings," I bowed my head respectfully, "Morning," He said lowly, "Get DarkTalon prepared for battle," He instructed before turning and gathering the cats in the clearing, "Well, big guy, time for battle again." I looked behind myself.

He growled at me, rising to his paws, "I'm not afraid," He forcefully pulled himself through the brambles in front of his prison. "Didn't say you were afraid," I laughed a little, rubbing up against him to follow, "Come on," I led the way, nudging him on the battlefield, "You can do this!" I purred, finding a spot near Acorn since all the good spots were occupied again.

"Remember saving that Furbrain yesterday?" Acorn inquired, his claws scratching against the dirt with an annoying shriek. No. I don't remember, I said to myself sarcastically before opening my maw to say, "Remember being such a pain in my fur yesterday?" I came back, my ears flattening with annoyance.

"No. I don't, because I never did such a thing," He replied in a dramatic voice, "I wish you'd just shut up already." I squinted my eyes, curling my tail around my paws.

"Oh, please! At least I don't go around saving prisoners!" He answered quickly. 

"At least I'm not annoying as you," I say, "And I don't rizz up random cats in our mission," I looked him up and down.

"Isn't my fault the she-cats are so hot," He drooled near my paw. I immediately raised my paw and swatted at his muzzle, "Get your drool off my paw! You fleabag," I said in a disgusted voice. His drool was all over my paw, "And you wouldn't even get a she-cat as your mate. She'd be running from you before you had a litter," I hissed.

"Rude!" Acorn bared his teeth.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is it because it is too true for you to bear?" I growled. Before he could say anything, I used my tail to forcefully stop him from talking.

"Mmph!"

"Shut up. The battle is about to start," I sighed, about to move my tail away from his mouth but he nipped it harshly. I held in a yelp that desperately wanted to come out and raised my paw with unsheathed claws to attack, however, a yowl caught me off guard. I quickly place my paw down and look up at the leader on top of the box.

"It is now time for our second battle. With no one intervening," Magpie eyed me specifically. I even heard some chatters about my name while other cats looked at me as if I were a newcomer. "Now, now," The leader silenced, "Let's not put Avian in too much trouble because of yesterday," He grinned.

"She did save Buck. The one that is facing the Thunderclan deputy at this very moment. The one giving us all a show to enjoy," He announced, seating himself on the box. Buck pushed through the circle of cats, stepping into the battlefield. I took a breath and comprehended myself not to rush in and save DarkTalon.

"You may begin.." Magpie stomped his paw to make it clear.

Buck dashed forward to DarkTalon, using the dirt to skit through quickly as his claws raked the deputy's side. DarkTalon yowled in pain and Buck took the opportunity to pin him down. I was starting to get worried, but I believed in DarkTalon.

I'm sure he could do it.

In an instant, DarkTalon, snapped his jaws onto Buck's throat, pulling him down. Buck yowled and DarkTalon wrestled him to the ground while still having the hold of his neck. Once he slammed Buck on his back, DarkTalon let go and slashed his belly. Buck screamed with pain, kicking him off. DarkTalon stumbled backward, yelping as Buck pounced toward him.

DarkTalon swiftly swerved away, grabbing a hold of Buck's tail with his teeth and pulling him back. Buck screeched and tried to get him off, twisting left and right with unsheathed claws. He tried to slash DarkTalon, but he didn't manage. Instead, DarkTalon yanked him back some more, making him land on his stomach.

DarkTalon let go of his grip on Buck's tail, and he pinned him to the ground. Buck yowled and tried to shake him off but DarkTalon didn't let go. In swift movement, he snapped his jaws onto Buck's back neck, "Get off!" He choked, but DarkTalon didn't lose his grip. His deep sank deeper, even I could see it from here.

I curled my tail around my paws anxiously.

An audible crack was hearable, I could've sworn it rang throughout my ears. Buck went limp and DarkTalon let go, "Our winner, is DarkTalon," The leader sounded a bit disappointed.

But I didn't care.

I immediately rose to my paws.

I opened my maw, and spit it out as if it was the last thing to say on earth.

"DarkTalon! You're an excellent fighter," I shouted joyfully, not caring if Buck died or not. Never liked him anyways, "You showed him!" I purred, lashing my tail.

I saw a short-lived smile form on DarkTalon's face directly at me before it disappeared like a flash, "Don't praise the prisoner, Avian," Magpie said with disgust, "I could say whatever I want." I growled.

"Excuse me?" His pupils sharpened.

"You heard me," I narrowed my eyes, showing that I wasn't afraid of a fight or a mere disagreement.

"I am your leader! And you would obey," He hissed angrily.

"True, you are my leader, and I must follow your word, however, I have every right to disagree with you and not obey." I say firmly, "I am Avian, a member of Bloodclan. Not Avian can be controlled," I added in a clear voice.

"Watch it... Avian, disobey me again and you'd face a terrible fate," He threatened.

"In your dreams!" I spat.

I have to admit.. A little scared since I said that, but defending myself felt great!