Chapter 2

The sunlight had faded into pure darkness, and I walked through the forest carefully. I already left the Thunderclan territory and had their kit as well. 

"Are you going to kill me?" The kit asked with a sniffle. 

If I could see her face, she probably would've had puffy eyes from all that crying. However, the answer to her question is something I couldn't answer. My leader, Magpie, has his own business with the kits he wanted, and the warrior. I didn't know his intentions, but all I knew, it wasn't good. But I didn't want to scare the poor thing to the point it suffered a heart attack.

 I swallowed the lump in my throat. It wouldn't hurt to lie, just a little bit. Right? "No," I replied in a muffled tone since I was holding her by the scruff.

"Then... What are you going to do to me?" She whimpered.

That question, I didn't know the answer either. Instead, I kept my mouth shut. It's better not to scare the kit. For all I know, my leader probably wants to train her to be one of us, or let her grow older to fight our greatest warriors. But I couldn't guarantee it. Maybe the leader wanted to kill her for his sick desires. I can't kill kits, or any other cat. 

No, I just can't. The fear in their eyes knowing that they're going to die, how could I ever? However... Sometimes you have to do the job. I only do it if necessary. But enough about this. I had to focus on the miss - "Avian!" I heard a call from behind. I looked back, my ears flattening with annoyance once I noticed who it was.

Great.

Acorn stepped out of the bushes, panting and swallowing, "Do you have the kit?" he asked in a more urgent tone. I placed the kit down beneath my paws, making sure to hold her so she wouldn't escape, "No. I don't," I growled sarcastically, "Avian! Stop playing, where is the kit?" He gritted his teeth, "Oh, I'm sorry. Do I need to lead you to the healer to get your eyes checked?" I inquired angrily. 

There is no way this idiot cannot see the kit BENEATH my paws, "Avian! STOP!" He shouted, his paw stomping on the ground, "Where is the kit? Do you have it or not?" He huffed, "It's right here you fleabag!" I snapped, gesturing my head to the kit I was holding. His face calmed down, "Oh, thank gosh."

"You seriously need to get your eyes checked," I scoffed, "Look, Avian. I didn't have time to see. Okay? Anyways, Magpie is angry. Really mad. When I brought the warrior, he asked for the kits and I.." He gulped, "I told him we didn't get any and he said if we didn't come with any kits, he'll have our heads!" He whimpered, "Didn't Buck tell him? And didn't he have a kit?" I asked, raising a cat brow. 

"He did! But the Thunderclan warriors caught him and have him as a prisoner," He growled, "That idiot got himself caught? This means the leader might send one of us to save him!" I said in a frustrated voice, snatching the kit's scruff, "Yeah. More like you," Acorn purred, "You're the first one the leader picks for a mission," He grinned. I rolled my eyes and began walking. I saw him following beside me. 

Just great.

***

The Bloodclan camp was filled with cats, and the Thunderclan cat we captured was surrounded by our members, "Avian!" I heard my leader call, looking up and seeing him on top of the box, "Do you have the kit?" He questioned lowly.

 I nodded. Not like I was HOLDING the kit, "Perfect!" He purred, leaping down from the box, "Why do you even want a kit anyways?" I asked in a muffled voice. "That's for me to know, and for you to not," He snatched the kit from my jaws. 

I almost growled but caught myself, licking my lips, "What about the Thunderclan warrior?" I interrogated, "The Thunderclan warrior is under your watch. You'd guard him for now as I gather our best to fight him tomorrow," Magpie informed, walking off into the darkness. And yet, I couldn't help but wonder what he was going to do with that kit. I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a breath. 

I padded over to the Thunderclan tom, his eyes didn't seem so passive. But why would he be passive? "Let me go!" He hissed angrily, "Now, now. Calm yourself, why would we even let you go?" I snarled, "If you don't let me go, I'll get out of here and kill you all myself!" He threatened. "I've heard much better threats than yours," I rolled my eyes, grabbing onto his scruff. Instead, he relented. 

He yanked himself back, pouncing toward me but Acorn pinned him to the ground, "Watch it," Acorn said, "I wouldn't hesitate to tear out your throat myself!" He added, "I'll like to see you try!" The Thunderclan warrior replied defensively. I have to admit, this warrior has some courage. I respect that, "Even if I did, I can't do it now," Acorn snarled, gripping his teeth onto his scruff and dragging him. 

I could see the look in his eyes that he wants me to lead the way. I knew where the prison was. I nodded my head and began to walk, "You're just a coward," The Thunderclan warrior taunted. I sensed Acorn's anger. I bet his fur is bristling right now. But who cares? I know I don't. This warrior isn't even giving me a bit of anger right now. I stopped in front of the prison, it was a hole in the ground, brambles on the right and left side. 

I looked back, seeing Acorn tossing the warrior inside without hesitation. I heard him hiss inside as I watched Acorn walk away. I rolled my eyes, going in front of the prison, "Get used to this. Gonna be your life for a bit," I said, fixing the brambles on the left by pulling it to the right, "Get used to it? My life belongs in the Thunderclan! Not some pesky old trash den with cats that smell like the dump!" He growled.

 I didn't reply for a moment since I was fixing a barrier with the brambles, "Well, too bad too sad. You're going to be here for a bit whether you like it or not," I huffed, finally finishing the barrier in front of the den, "This should keep you from escaping. So don't even try to," I informed with narrowed eyes, "Try me!" He spat, "I'm the best warrior in my clan!" He growled.

Oh, wow. We got a cat with pride.

"So?" I came back, "How do YOU know that YOUR the best warrior in your clan?" I raised a brow.

"None of your business!" He huffed. I examined him, "Ohh, you're the deputy?" I guessed randomly, "How did you know?" He snarled, "Are you spying on my clan?" He stood up defensively. I was almost surprised.

I didn't even think I was right in that guess.

"I am a good guesser," I purred proudly, "Sure. More like a 'good' liar." The warrior huffed. I almost laughed at the look on his face but held it in, "So... What is your name?" I tilted my head curiously, "None of your concern," He'd spit, "But it is my concern! I have to know my prisoner's name, don't I?" I chuckled a little. "No, you don't. You can deal without knowing my name!"

"Want me to guess?"

"No."

"You sure?" I grin.

"No..." He looked away. It seemed I was getting on his nerves.

Now I see why Acorn bothered me so much. It's fun.

"I don't think you're so sure," I purred.

"No!" He hissed.

"Oop! See? You just said it, you think you're not so sure," I say cheerfully. "Shut up already!" He growled.

"Come on, what are you? A thousand moons?" My eyes glinted with amusement.

"That's not even possible!" The tom scoffed. "That's the point. It ain't possible, just tell me your name!" I reply.

"..."

"Getting quiet now?"

"I'm DarkTalon." He murmured. 

Finally!

"Excellent! A pleasure, DarkTalon. I'm Avian," I offered my paw through the small entrance the barrier gave. He slapped it away, "I don't need your paw!" He growled, turning his back on me. I watched him, pulling my paw out. Sure, be like that.

Already, I can tell that I'm going to have a lot of fun...

With this new DarkTalon...