Chapter 7

It was already nighttime, and DarkTalon sat quietly in his prison. I hummed a melody as I was lost in the tumult of my thoughts. I remembered the crisp memories of my older sister. Oh, such good memories they were. My parents included. I had an awesome kithood. And news flowed into my ears about my sister. My sister became a leader of a rogue group. I'm actually impressed. 

I never thought she'd make it to such an amazing opportunity to be a leader, but she did. I always knew she had it in her though. The way she ordered me around like I was an apprentice. She'd even swat her paw at my muzzle if I didn't pay attention to her words. Or, I'd get scowled at by mother if I didn't pay attention to orders.

I was powerless to help myself though with that simple subject. I did my best to concentrate on their words, I really did. But I end up getting the directions wrong immediately, and apologize greatly for my mistakes, but they tell me that I don't listen. However, as much as I wanted to think  about this some more, a whisper flowed into my ears. I perked up, looking behind myself. 

"Psst, Avian," DarkTalon intoned, his voice almost cracking by his awful whispering.

"What are you doing?" I flattened my ears with annoyance, my eyes narrowing at his appearance. He was crouched in front of the brambles, his eyes sparkling from the moonlight glow.

"Would it hurt to go on a walk together?" he tilted his head, a purr rumbling from his throat.

Now.. That.. Actually shocked me. Considering how his personality was. He wasn't really a nice cat, and always so serious and prideful. Yet, he wanted to go on a walk.. With me especially? I swallowed and slowly rose onto my paws, my hackles rising. 

"How do I know it's not a trick?" I asked suspiciously, stepping closer cautiously. I had to ask that question. I just had to.

"Why would I trick you?" He inquired lowly, a grumble loosening from his throat. "There could be many reasons," I raised my head, my tail flicking with a mixture of sassiness, and fueled aggression, "To kill me yourself, to perhaps ambush me.. With some help.. Somehow," I leaned in closer to the brambles, careful not to accidentally poke myself.

"If I did want to trick you, or ambush you with my clan, it would've been done already. Please, just let me have this walk with you," He pawed the brambles in front of him, I could see the blood trickle underneath his paws, "Watch it! You're going to hurt yourself," I growled as I watched the tender flesh pulse within my vision.

"I don't care." He responded brusquely, his tail lashing left and right as he stared at me with those big round eyes.

I exhaled softly, my eyes softening slightly. Even the tension within my body died down as I examined him closely, "If I let you out," I say leisurely, "Then you mustn't tell anyone. Got it?" I squinted my eyes.

"Yes, I understand!" I could tell by his voice it was filled with excitement, but he tried to keep his demeanor calm and collected. I don't know why but I tried to search his eyes for any signs of lying. I watched his movements, and the way his face showed emotion.

I unhurriedly leaned closer to the brambles in front of me, unsheathing my claws. One of my paws made its way up and I slashed a clean slit to create an opening. I was careful not to accidentally give myself the kittypet treatment by trying not to get my claws stuck in the brambles. Seriously, half of those lazy cats have no claws!

I watched DarkTalon with caution as he immediately crawled out of the den, fixing his composure and standing up fully. His gaze looked up to the pure night sky with amazement, "So.. Do you have a specific place to go to?" I asked curiously, stepping a little closer while keeping my distance. DarkTalon nodded.

"I know a place where I go to. I go there to get away from my clan," He informed briefly, "Come on," He walked slowly. And I could tell he was trying to be careful not to wake the members of my clan. I pursued his tracks calmly, nudging his shoulder with mine, "I know a quicker way. It's also a very quiet place," I explained, "Good." His voice almost seemed revolted, "I don't want to be near these trash stinking cats any longer," He scrunched up his face.

I gave him a look. A look of anger. 

Really?

He basically called me a trash stinking cat as well!

He must've noticed my composure because his face changed from disgust to surprise, "I...I mean, not you! You smell.. Good," He leaned in closer, taking in a big whiff of my scent. I swatted my paw at his muzzle quickly, causing him to yelp. I quickly muffled him with my tail, looking around cautiously.

We were lucky. None of the members of my clan seemed to have heard his yap. A puff of air flowed out of my mouth and I retracted my tail from his mouth, "Quit messing around and follow me..." I ordered, swiftly getting into a crouched position and wiggling stealthily away from the cats. I looked back occasionally to be sure that he followed without any mistakes that might create a consequence for me. I'd be in big trouble.

Real trouble. Why am I even doing this? I never did this! I mean.. I have never watched a prisoner before. This was my first time... but.. Why am I so nice? I'm not supposed to be nice. He's a prisoner! Not a random cat to socialize with.

However, a part of me wanted to get to know him more. I just needed to. Everything about him fascinated me. A deputy from Thunderclan? And he is excellent in battle. So experienced, lionhearted.. I don't know why I even care about those specific things. But he also kept his ground. It made my admiration for him grow more intense than before.

I just had to get to know him a little more.

Although, I can't just randomly think about stupid things such as this. I had to focus on getting us out of here. I scanned my surroundings, searching for the easy path. And right there, I saw it in front of me. It was a metal barrier with a hole under it. If you could squeeze through and get out successfully, you'd be out.

I squirmed quickly toward that direction, forcing myself through the exit the hole offered. Once I was out, I shook the dirt that clung desperately onto my fur and looked back. I saw DarkTalon standing on the other side, his eyes narrowing at the hole, "You sure I could fit through this?" He flattened his ears, his gaze making its way up to me.

"I'm sure you can get through it," I rolled my eyes, sitting down as I stared at him with an unimpressed expression.

His eyes widened a little when he noticed my demeanor, "Sure! I can fit through this," He said, his voice filled with determination. I watched as he crouched down, and attempted to wiggle out of the hole. He helplessly twisted left and right as he was stuck. He panted, his tongue rolling out of his mouth like a mere mutt.

"That's the only thing you could do?" I raised a cat brow, trying not to crack a smile on my face. The situation was quite amusing to watch.

"I'm stuck!" He hissed, "Try not to make too much noise," I warned, my eyes darting from one area to another. I had to make sure we weren't being watched or possibly getting caught. I deeply exhaled, rising to my paws and staring at him, "Fine. I'm going to help you out," I stepped closer. 

My teeth gripped onto his scruff and I pulled up. No matter how much I tried, he was still stuck. And heavy too!

I let go almost immediately, panting, "Why are you so heavy?" I snarled. His face almost seemed insulted, "Isn't my fault that I was the largest of my litter,"

"No wonder why! You probably drank all the milk," I huffed, attempting to bite his scruff again. I heard him grumble in response while I tried to yank him out. After a few moments of trying, and trying, he popped out quickly. 

However, instead, he landed on top of me and we both went flying backward. We rolled down the hill and it felt like forever. I just wanted to slap his pathetic little face for getting himself stuck! My gosh. I yelped as my back made an impact on the ground, and he was on top of me, our noses inches apart.

"Get off me now, you idiot!" I practically shout, my pupils sharpening as embarrassment flushed through my whole body.