Chapter 4 : Escaping the Null Void

The two boys were running for their lives as the mutated To'kustar were right behind them as it tried to stomp on them.

Alex then activates the Nemetrix as he was turned into an alien that was microscopic in size. The alien then quickly climb the Way Bad's body and reached its neck as the drill located beneath the predator's body activated and started digging through the hard metal of the giant alien's body. The Way Bad then fell backwards, unconscious. Alex then reverted back to his human form.

Ben : What did you do to it?

Alex : I used Way Big's predator to knock it out cold.

Ben : Seriously, just how many new predators do you have in that thing?

Alex : About 45, I think?

Ben : Gotcha, but we still need to find a way back home.

Alex : Explanations first, what is this "Null Void"?

Ben : Basically an entire uninhabited dimension where the most dangerous criminals in the Galaxy are sent. Looks like the teleporter got busted and took us here.

Ben then notices that Alex's red eyes turned into a light crimson color before going back to their natural yellow color.

Ben : Now, your turn to explain. How did you get the Nemetrix? And didn't you go crazy?

Alex : I don't know honestly. One moment I felt like a raging animal and the next, I was back to normal but my hair got a bit longer and my teeth and nails got sharper.

Ben was a bit confused as he'd never witnessed a transformation so abrupt or sudden. However, his attention was suddenly caught by the Null Void and he wanted to know why Alex had gotten involved with the Nemetrix in the first place.

Ben : Why did you decide to acquire the Nemetrix, knowing the risks it poses to your mental and physical health?

Alex : I didn't, I found what I thought to be a meteor outside of my house. The Nemetrix was there and it attached itself around my neck.

Ben was surprised that Alex had found the Nemetrix and become its wielder without even knowing the dangers related to the device. For the first time, Ben felt genuine concern for his friend's well-being and hoped that the Nemetrix hadn't caused any irreversible damage to his health.

Ben : *worried* Did you feel any pain or discomfort upon realizing that the device was attaching itself to your neck?

Alex : The Nemetrix started glowing red as I felt an unimaginable amount of pain. I then punched my house's fuse box and got knocked out cold.